martin ontiveros' ojo rojo keychain kaiju

found this sculpt on KR a while's back and i tracked down it's creator
Martin Ontiveros for a wee Q&A:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
/// READ Q&A HERE

TOYSREVIL: what is his name? is he in one of the paintings in your website? and how big is he?

MARTIN ONTIVEROS: His name is Ojo Rojo. I don't even remember what's on my website, I need to update that thing, seriously ... it looks to be about 3 inches maybe? (keychain figure) Kiyoka at Gargamel would have a clearer idea.

TRE: do you have WIP images to share?

MO: I never got around to drawing turn-arounds for him, which is why I was surprised when I saw this, I thought it wouldn't happen until later this Summer maybe. Kiyoka did a great job of interpreting it though ...

TRE: what's Ojo's story?

MARTIN ONTIVEROS: Ojo Rojo doesn't have a story to him so to speak, I've kinda dropped using heavy narrative in my stuff. I would consider him more of a mascot to me. Sort of the herald to where my work has been going since I first painted him, and maybe the first character I've bothered to paint more than once. His name was made up on the spot, I don't usually title stuff until after I've painted it and a lot of times not until I'm about to hang it in a show. His eyes were red in the first piece of him, so I used Ojo Rojo. I guess I was referencing a song by Fu Manchu as well, since maybe of the titles in the show he appeared in were titled after rock and metal songs.

TOYSREVIL: cheers for your time, Martin and here's hoping we'll get to see him at SDCC!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK