the vader project by erick scarecrow

The Vader Project will be taking part in the upcoming Celebration Japan between July 19-21 [blogged / US / UK], and a few artists have been invited to add to the existing customed 1:1 scaled Vader helmets - and TRE will try to track the artists down for a wee Q&A (feel free to contact me too!). This is a sneak-preview of Erick Scarecrow's (of ESC-Toy Ltd) submission:

TOYSREVIL: What was the genesis / inspiration for your Vader-custom? What's it's name?
 
ERICK SCARECROW: I called my Vader "I'm going up". I felt it was relative to what's going on for me right now. I'm not on the same grounds that I was on before. The inspiration behind it is I wanted to do something fun and show another side of my art. I wasn't easy though. In the beginning all I kept seeing was the Vader's face from the films and certain scenes would pop up. That was distracting. It became easier for me to visualize things when I turned the helmet around. It went from Vader to canvas.

/// CLICK THRU FOR MORE

TOYSREVIL: Are you a Star Wars-fan? What was your earliest memory of Star Wars?
 
ERICK SCARECROW: Yes I am a fan of the series. My favorites are the first trilogy set. My earliest memory of Star Wars has to be my 3rd grade metal Return of the Jedi lunchbox. I used to ride a yellow bus to school  and there were several "Jabba the hut" sized bullies that used to pick on me. To make the ride easier, I always imagined myself dicing them up with a light saber. I'm not quite sure how that sounded but it's the truth.

TOYSREVIL: What is your latest experience with Star Wars? (watched the latest flick, bought the latest toys etc)
 
ERICK SCARECROW: I would have to say that it would have to be painting this Vader helmet. I do miss the toys I had as a kid though. That's about it.


[Photographed by Bonnie Burton / used with kind permission]

TOYSREVIL: Are you for the Rebellion? Or a proud citizen of the Empire?
 
ERICK SCARECROW: Rebellion all the way.

TOYSREVIL: Bounty Hunters or Clonetroopers - who are more bad-assed?
 
ERICK SCARECROW: Bounty Hunters all the way. The clonetroopers are my SONS! The Star Wars heads will understand that answer. LOL!

TOYSREVIL: If you were a Star Wars character, who would you (wanna) be?
 
ERICK SCARECROW: I would be Luke. I'll drop Jedi game real quick.

TOYSREVIL: If you were a Sith Lord, what would your Sith Lord-name be?
 
ERICK SCARECROW: Lord Fresh Sithcrow.


[Photographed by Bonnie Burton / used with kind permission]

TOYSREVIL: Any closing comments on your participation in this event?
 
ERICK SCARECROW: I would like to thank Dov Vader for inviting me and being very patient with my schedule. I had a very good time working on it.

TOYSREVIL: Tell us who you are and what you do.
 
ERICK SCARECROW: I am Erick Scarecrow and I make suckas panic.


Editor's Note#1: Erick Scarecrow is a creator/designer/project manager/ and head-honco of ESC-Toy Ltd and has been interviewed and have his creations featured on TRE.

Editor's Note#2: Currently only previews of the Helmet are shown. Final Designs (if available) will be updated accordingly.


[UPDATED 19.07.08: Event / display pics via - courtesy of Bonnie Burton]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK