artery x vein (fountain of beings) ball-joint-doll by patrick chow


HongKong-based designer/creator Patrick Chow (of G999) shares with us his recent work completed for the 08/09 XFUNS GALA X=SECRET Exhibition in Taipei November 2008 @ The Museum of Contemporary Art Taipei (XFUNS is a Taiwan design/lifestyle magazine).


Dubbed: ARTERY X VEIN [Fountain Of Beings] - this is what Patrick had to say about the figure's inception: "When I realized that I needed to use [X] as a themed-creation for this exhibition, I immediately looked at myself to see if there was anything to give me an inspiration. When I looked, I found innumerable arteries and veins crisscrossing my body. I decided to use these fundamental networks of human life in combination with my favorite Ball-Joint Doll Skill, as the basic concept for my exhibit. I’ve used two lengths of rubber as the [Artery] and [Vein] to become the [X] in the Ball-Joint Doll." CLICK THRU for more pics :)


Patrick also has another additional message for his work he wants to share: "When you got a problem,look at yourself first then watch outside." = ain't that the truth, and I'm constantly guilty of it myself :p
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK