judas z by judas arrieta


WHAT-IS: JUDAS Z is designed by Spanish artist Judas Arrieta, who is currently working in Beijing. (CLICK THRU for more - including my quick-chat with Judas)
WWW: www.judasz.tk
DESCRIPTION / AVAILABILITY: JUDAS Z is a 35cm tall PVC figurine - and will come in 9 different models, with each design limited to 50-pcs. Currently Painted, Green & White Judas Zs are available in 2 editions (Shipping is free) & CLICK THRU for where/how to get'em!

[1] JUDAS Z SPECIAL EDITION:
Figure set includes the box painted & signed by Judas himself and includes edition certificate. PAINTED @ 170 Euro / GREEN @ 140 Euro / WHITE @ 130 Euro.

[2] JUDAS Z NORMAL EDITION:
(Box unpainted and certificate) Priced at 120 Euro each, for all three designs.


The articulated toy is currently available in some stores in Beijing and Spain:
- Xanadu intoys shop (3.3 Sanlitun) Beijing
- Iberia art Store (798 Dashanzi) Beijing

- Vito021 (san sebastian) Spain
- Anti bookshop and Garabat Gallery (bilbao) Spain
- Adn Gallery (Barcelona) Spain

Judas also mentions that he is still looking for retail spots to carry JUDAS Z, and that he currently does not have an online shop, but will accept orders via email: mangaartstudio [at] gmail.com


[Different faces]



[Judas Z spotted in Vito021, Spain]

WHO-IS: Judas Arrieta has been an artist for the past 15 years. Judas adds: "i do many show and exhibitions in Spain, Europe and Asia (Japan, South korea and China). I worked doing TV programs for the spanish tv and radio too (always talking about Asian cinema, cultures, traditions and New ways to understand the art (toy art/street art/graffiti). Actually i am working in a project with schools using toys like a artistic suface"

JUDAS-LINKS: Works in art galleries / Main Website / Videos / Blog


[video circa 2006]


TOYSREVIL: What inspired the creation of JUDAS Z?

JUDAS ARRIETA: I've always loved big robots animation series, and I wanted  create a character like them. I mixed my designs with MazingerZ (my childhood hero) and I just produce 1000 pieces initially ... my idea was to put in the market some of the pieces to firstly get back the money I'd spent on it, and with the other, I'd wanted to make workshops with children and young people ... and make videos!


TOYSREVIL: That giant inflatable Judas Z is insane! How did that come about?

JUDAS ARRIETA: It was an art work I produced last year.


JUDAS ARRIETA: Actually I feel lucky, as right now I can live on doing art works only. I paint pictures in Beijing and I send them to my Spanish galleries and I can get enough money to live here, and still have a small amount of money to do different projects - like the toys!

I am trying to make art closer to the people, like "playful art", and I think toys are a good way! The big inflatable was great because seeing parents and their children playing together with my inflatable made me feel very happy! I like art ... it is a good way to make many of my dreams come true!

TOYSREVIL: Well, keep doing what you do, Judas! And we hope to see more works from you in the very near future!
 
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK