Custom Captain Future in 1:6

From a TRE-reader in France comes an item which appeals to both my passion for 1:6 hobby, as well as classic retro cartoons of my childhood - and perhaps will be interesting for you, dear TRE-readers.

Captain Future was one of the more memorable weekday afternoon / after school cartoons of my youth, even more so than Gatchaman or Battleship Yamato. I remember being thoroughly fascinated with the ensemble of characters (I like ensembles, like A-Team etc LOL), and of coz the sci-fi element that brought me into a world beyond my reality (and still do).

[CLICK THRU FOR MORE]


A huge part of me would love to see my childhood memories (of the 80s) be made into toys and collectibles - and by that, I expect a certain amount of craft and effort put into them, not just hastily cobbled-up crap that are nothing more than bait for folks like me/us.

And while I am uncertain of Simon shares this view with me (sorry dude, I never did ask ;p) - he has decided to not wait for toys to be made, but instead went out to get one done. So for his 40th Birthday (Happy Belated, Simon!), he went and got himself made a 12" CAPTAIN FUTURE figure!


SIMON-SAYS: "My name is Simon and I live in France; I'm just a 12" figures collector, I have many of them, some very rare and beautiful and some very ugly. I would thank you for your fantastic blog, I come really often to see the news. It's really fantastic."

TRE-SAYS: Thanks Simon! And thanks for sharing with us! :)


SIMON-SAYS: "I write you today because, for my 40th birthday, I choose to make (myself) a beautiful gift.

In France, where I am, I grew up with several Japanese cartoons like UFO Grendizer (Goldorak) and Capitaine Flam (Captain Future). I was looking for a long time a good 12” figure of Captain Flam. Unfortunately for me, nothing happens. So I decide to look for someone who could make one for me. And I found the good artist, in France. He didn’t know a lot about 12” figures and this kind of stuff but I think he made a really great job. It took a lot of time to create everything and it costs me a lot of money. But I’m really happy to have it for my own. I don't know if this sculptor would make another copies of this figure.

I hope you’ll enjoy and perhaps it reminds you some souvenirs…."


TRE-SAYS: Yes it has, Simon - and I thank you for the trip down memory lane! Alas all I can do in return is an embedded video of the show's intro (below) - to perhaps make your pleasure of having the figure as memorable as it can be :)


"In 1978 ... Toei Animation of Japan produced a Captain Future (キャプテン・フューチャー ,Kyaputen Fyūchā?) TV anime series of 53 episodes, based on 13 original (Edmond) Hamilton stories ... The series was translated in several languages and distributed globally. The four episodes comprising the series' second story arc were dubbed into English and released on video by ZIV International in the early 1980s as The Adventures of Captain Future. In the late 80s, Harmony Gold dubbed the series' initial four-part story as an edited "TV movie" simply entitled Captain Future.

While only eight episodes in total were dubbed into English, the series met huge success particularly in France, where the title and lead character's name were changed to "Capitaine Flam", in Italy with the translated title of "Capitan Futuro", in Latin America and Spain with the title "Capitán Futuro", and in Germany, where it appeared under its original title."
[wiki]



[Capitaine Flam - French Intro]

[Japanese Intro]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK