Star Wars Galaxy 4 Sketch Cards Q&A with Patrick Francisco

[WHAT-IS / Q&A TAGGED]

TOYSREVIL: First off, please share with us - Who is Patrick Francisco?

PATRICK FRANCISCO: I am an artist that uses vinyl toys as well as canvas to create paintings. My work can be found on doodlechimp.blogspot.com.

TOYSREVIL: What was the inspiration behind your sketches? What was the concept you had wanted to portray? [CLICK THRU to read more]

PATRICK FRANCISCO: I've always been a fan of Star Wars so I wanted a literal interpretation of the charcters/creatures in this universe. My approach has been a traditional one, inspired by the Star Wars art I've been a fan of over the years.


TOYSREVIL: What was the medium you used? And how long did they take? Are you happy with the result?

PATRICK FRANCISCO: I used an oil based pastel pencil, each one took about 20 minutes. I'm happy with the results, but I would also welcome a chance to do some in full color.

TOYSREVIL: What is the Best (or Favourite) and Worst memory of Star Wars you have?

PATRICK FRANCISCO: Having Return of the Jedi bedsheets and pajamas when I was young - before I even saw the movies. My parents just knew I would become a fan. They may have regretted it years later when I was glued to KOTOR for unhealthy amounts of time.

TOYSREVIL: RoTJ-sheets FTW! If you could be a Star Wars character (from the 6 movies) - who will you be, and why?

PATRICK FRANCISCO: Anakin - my good intentions always get me in trouble - haha. And he gets to make out with Natalie Portman!

TOYSREVIL: Natalie Portman FTW!

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK