TRE-JOURNAL: Queuing Up For Neil Gaiman @ Singapore Writers Festival Tickets (Sept 26)


After the disappointment of missing out on the FREE tickets last weekend (for Neil Gaiman @ Singapore Writers Festival / event details), I'd ventured to The Arts House yesterday morning and found a pretty decent queue going on at around 10:15-ish AM. Plugged in my iPod and let YAZOO and ABC destract me from the shearing morning sun and my basic lack of sleep-deprivation (well, I did sleep, but it felt as if I didn't, so...). The queue started moving at around 11:10AM and finally I got my tix! WH00-H00!

But in the excitement of it all, I realized (much later when I reached home and checked online) that the tickets I had gotten was for a non-scheduled autograph session! ... I remembered remind myself mentally; "Amanda Palmer Session, Amanda Palmer Session!" ~ but someone mentioned "Coraline" and I was distracted momentarily ... Anybody has Amanda Palmer Session tix they'd like to exchange? Please?

Needless to say, I was pretty frakking much bummed out for the rest of the day ... but I guess we just have to make the best of our decisions and circumstance, as best as we can, innit? So much for getting my Coraline Box signed, innit? *sigh*

CLICK THRU for "incriminating" images of the queue, if you so please :)

331_3119

Moments thereafters, everybody basically sat down on the floor, except me - because it was flaming humid and hot, and I'd not wanna stay that close to the group and heat ... and also because I know I was pretty near to falling asleep and knew I would nod off if I sat down ... yaaarrr.

QUEUING-TIP: Bring water along and not dehydrate! Provided you needn't have to bug off to use the toilet, unless you have someone along with you to "chope" queue-space, innit? (No, I didn't). But hell, the kopi and kaya loti laters at Funan hit the spot! LOL

331_3121

The Arts House was scheduled to "open" from 11am, so around that time folks got back on their feet and waited in anticipation! (I was nearly out of my energy-level by then, but it's all so cloooose!)

331_3122

Folks in front of the queue no doubt were the happiest. And when I stood in line by 10-ish, I was the last. Shortly thereafters a longer queue formed behind me. Not that I was happier or anything, but hoped the folks behind me got a chance at the tickets tho!

331_3127

As the line snaked closer to the "issuing table" (outside the steps of The Arts House), someone announced that the November 1st tix were running low! Shortly thereafters it ran out, which meant having the October 31st sessions left! By the time I reached the table, my mind was near out of it - and as mentioned earlier in the post, I had gotten myself distracted and asked for the "wrong" session tickets instead ... and yes, there were quite a number of Amanda Palmer sessions placed at the side too ... oh wells ... *man-sob*

331_3129
*Time soon to bathe in the exquisite "Gaiman-ness" of it all!*
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK