The Joker & Batmobile by Hot Toys @ San Diego Comic Con 2011


From Cool Toy Review's coverage of the Hot Toys display space at San Diego Comic-Con 2011 - two standout displays caught my eye and toy-loving-hearts the most: The Batmobile and The Joker = in 1/6th-scale! From the 1989 Tim Burton-directed movie! Enough of exclamations for now = view+read-ON!


[9 x images in slideshow above / Full-screen viewing]

The Batmobile in 1/6th-scale? Hell, yes! And I do not mean the new-fangled Tumbler (from Chris Nolan's film) - it's the 1989's iconic monster-mobile designed by the late Anton Furst for Tim Burton's BATMAN! The cockpit canopy slides open and the dashboard is as detailed. The placard mentions "Coming Soon" - and I reckon it's not soon enough!

I personally give this car (and the work of Anton) a huge salute of recognition, as his work for this film heightened my vision towards gothic architecture and styles, at a point in time when my design-sensibilities were geared towards Philippe Starck and Massimo Iosa Ghini (yes, those oh-so-heady days when I practiced Interior Design for a bit ~ *cough*).


[8 x images in slideshow above / Full-screen viewing]

And while we've previously had a preview of The Joker posted HERE, now CTV updates full-body-snaps of this upcoming DX-figure from Hot Toys, and it is amazing. Featuring two change of purple coats and a variety of gloved-hands and prop accessories - the highlight of the figure, no doubt, is still the headscupt-likeness of Jack Nicholson - like, seriously? And hell, I wasn't even a huge fan of this character from the film LOL


[Above video was previously posted here]

The year was 1989. Tim Burton released BATMAN the feature film starring Michael Keaton as "Bruce Wayne" and Jack Nicholson as "The Joker". I had graduated not long from studying Interior Design and was serving my National Service in the nation's Army. And while I do not remember the exact situation or circumstance when I first saw this film, it had blew me away, and brought a smile to my comicbook-loving face. Funnily enough, I would eventually take up a career in designing for television and films (after a short stint in Interior Design), and this is one movie I would credit that inspiration for.

Fast forward over two decades, Hot Toys picks up the license for the film, and produces 1/6th-scaled versions of the character (and prop!), and these snaps from San Diego Comic-Con has yet again seen one of my dreams realized: to have them made into 1/6th, and I find myself smiling like I did 2 decades ago….
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK