armchair critic : my blog and me

:: WWW / LIFE IN SINGAPORE ::
t'was quite surreal explaining to my parents (thursday just) what blogs are all about and what's been happening in the local "blogosphere" ~ all the while watching Channel U's "有话就说" (*Shout*), with guest speaker; Blinkymummy (how come no one jargar her hair ah? so luan orso nobody tell her? *aiyoh* - slack programming/VTR, IMO :p) ~ and being dumbfounded by the unneccessarily heightened emotions (programming gimmick and requirement, i surmise) and total lack of understanding of blogs and blogging (not that im an expert too, mind) - for i reckon in the end, tis one's own "maturity" and capacity for understanding, that'll make the difference between "freedom of expression" and "total anarchy". one will know when to "let go" and when to "hold back" - and tis not about what people tell you what you should or should not do, tis about your own awareness of people about you, and of yourself and how you interact with other people, offline and/or online ~ IMHO anyways :)

or maybe it is about "them" versus "us" ... but should/need it ever be the case? sure as heck i hope no one's try to pull a "us" versus "them", innit? (no need to go into the politics and intricacies of "differing" media, becoz everything used to express or represent an incident or view IS a MEDIA, or at the very least "medium", innit?)

then at the same time seeing this on Brem's blog gave me a chuckle and a shudder.

that the question of, if ever i needed "validation of my existence" via my blog and/or online-entities, then i sure as heck's doing a piss-poor job of it, innit? to wit:

- i get an average 60 hits a day.

- the 1st 1/2 of which are from search engines (with both legit and dodgy search-words, mind) and referrers = for which a small fraction ever do stay on more than a coupla seconds.

- and 1/2 of the other 2nd 1/2 are from bloggers random surfing thru blogspot = zero seconds duration.

- the other 1/2 of the rest of the 2nd 1/2 (confused yet?) i reckon to be my "regulars" (or i'd liketa think so :p) - which makes a decent 15-20 readers (meaning they stay more than 10 seconds *muahahahaha*) = and that's fine by me :)

- which means i dun play the numbers-game (not enuff to play a hand in the first place, innit? *muahahaha*)

- which is cool, becoz this sure as heck's ain't a "commercial blog", innit? ;p

the fact is; i dun advertise (openly) my blog. not on the toy forums i frequent daily (quite the irony, i reckon :p). not to my fellow local toy-collectors. not even to most (if not totally) my local friends. and folks who surf my blogspot and flickr know about my multiply. but my multiply has no mention at all about my blogspot. and i'd rather it remain so, for now.

and it is all deliberate. mayhap it is a conscious notion of "keeping things seperate and yet as a whole", as warped and ridiculous as it sounds = heck, even to me! as much as i mean to say: "i am not the sum of my blogs but they are but a facet of me and mine" - it sounds too contradictory and is a hard line to sell, altho why should i ever need to "sell" anything in the first place, innit? the explanation of the existence and my obsession the maintainence of a blog to a non-blogger is a long-running exercise that i might not neccessarily want to indulge and partake in anymore than i already have times past ... but then maybe becoz i is selfish and dun really need to be selling any snake-oil, innit? what snake-oil do i ever need to be selling anyways? the wonderful world of blogs? how blogs can change your life for the better? more freedom of expression via blogs? sure as heck this entry ain't about "selling" anything other than yet another blog-entry per se, innit?

(i accept CASH and PayPal thanks)

and as much surprise and excitement (i admit freely) when i see me blog being linked by online-strangers (cheap thrills, i know, i know :p), which sometimes affords me spikes in traffic, as well as pimps by Andrew and Elaine, (even by default twice Browned and Tomorrowed) in times past, it used to worry me to a paranoid degree for which i tend not to dwell in anymore at this juncture, meaning = "dun care lieow". *heh*

but other than that? tis blog-business as usual and i reckon that's fine and dandy for now .. for even if i welcome (and hanker for) "communication" on me blog, i neither welcome the moderation of trolls who might (and have in the past) come a trollin', nor even peeps who pilfer me images (like im a saint and dun others, innit? *BAH*) ~ but fret not, becoz i is not political enough, nor scandalous enough and sure as heck ain't hot enuff a femme, much less a femme in the first place innit? *bleh* :p

i can only but welcome like-minded folks with like-minded interests, to share and enjoy, and that's about it really (i hard-sell my snake-oil on other online entities, mind :p) ... and in the very end, i know tis not my own existence that is being validated via my blog, but rather the existence of my blog that validates itself. am i making any sense here? do i really need to? blog away my brethren! *muahahahaha*

(the above was written hastily in a cab just, enroute to meetup with a group of fellow toy-addict/ frens, who do not know of this blog's existence *heh*)
._.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK