TOYLOVE2008: Winner (Judges' Pick) and Public Voting Finalists

the Judges have picked a winning image for the TOYSREVIL X Crazy Label TOYLOVE2008 Valentines Photo-contest [tagged] and it is: MOON GAZING by Little Lil!

our thanks to all who had taken the time and trouble for participating, but tis not "over" yet! we have also chosen 7 Finalists whose photographs are now up for PUBLIC VOTING, with the highest votes** winning a Set of 4 Baby Treesons!

I will be utilizing multiple online-venues for the voting process (altho multiple votes by same person on any single image will be voided, yo!), with the final tally averaged out**, the highest count will be the winner! (in the event there is a tie, the Judges will decide on the final winner instead). and yes, im doing it all manually myself, so please choose wisely, vote responsibly and spare me teh grief (even tho Valentines' over) LOL

WHERE TO VOTE:
- The toylove2008-BLOG (poll on top-left corner / comments not counted, but welcomed)
- FACEBOOK album (say it in the comments)
- individual FLICKR-posts of the finalists (only votes after my comment/announcement count :p)
- menu-right of THIS BLOG :p

DATELINE: all voting stops 21st March 2008 @ 11:59PM / 23:59hrs, Singapore-time (GMT + 8hrs) - after which any additional votes do not count, yeh? which leaves just a little under two weeks to do thy deed :p ... meanwhile, CLICK HERE FOR INDIVIDUAL PROFILES


WINNER (Judges Pick):

Name of Image: MOON GAZING [original image]
Valentines Story: "its such a nice night, im glad your here to share it with me" - the malfi's share a "moment" :)
About The Photographer:
Lil is a street artist, illustrator and HUGE toy fanatic!! and is one half of the Pet Zombie team :) [interviewed]
Websites: Little Lil's flickr

*congrats again Lil and best of health to you!*


Public Voting Finalists (*Note: images listed not in order of any preference*)


Name of Image: SURPRISE! [original image]
Valentines Story:
Super Lover Tigger wanted to surprise his beloved Bossy Bear with a gift and he could not think of a better present then himself. :D I think Bossy Bear is in a bit of a shock; he was expecting some toys or at least some cookies inside the package.
Name of Photographer: Melissa Hsu (aka tiramisu addict)
About The Photographer:
I like collecting all sorts of toys & plushies, but what I love even more is designing and making them for other people to enjoy. Through my creations I hope to spread my message of our environment in crisis and inspire each one of us to make a change for the better.
Websites: Visit my daily posting on Project Earth 365 and my Susuten store.



Name of Image: LADY AND THE TRAMP [original image]
Valentines Story: My little tribute to the movie - Happy Valentine's Day! ^^
Name of Photographer: Jenn S. aka esmereldes (on flickr) aka Nightfall (most everywhere else I go)
About The Photographer:
Coincidentally, I bought my first digital camera and my first Pinky Street figure at nearly the same time a few years back. Not being much of a photographer, I was looking for subjects that didn't move much to practice on. At first I concentrated on flowers, but eventually realized toys were better! Pinky Street figures were my first subjects, of course, but as time has gone on, my little toy collection has expanded to include not only a small army of Pinkys, but also tons of re-ment, Pullips, Momokos, and whatever else I can find that strikes my fancy. I like to hope that as my toy collection has expanded, my photography skills have improved!
Websites: www.nightfallps.blogspot.com / Flickr



Name of Image: ILOVEYOU [original image]
Valentines Story: I paint my love, so it won't go away, every year, again on valentine.
About The Photographer:
Jibbe, a young (<10) and recently inspired collector of designer toys. Mom helped me out, she's all about painting.



Name of Image: IRON MAN MEETS HIS VALENTINE [original image]
Valentines Story:
Iron Man is out on his first date since his surgery. He's been through so much and thinks he's found his perfect match and is pinning his hopes on winning her over on their Valentines date. Unfortunately, the biometrics are still a lil twitchy and not fully integrated with the rest of his systems....
About The Photographer:
My name is Jimmy Foo and I'm mostly a sculptor although I've been a toy collector and now a customiser for quite a while now. I can be found over on Vinyl Toy Freaks or reached through my blog - Cheers m'dears



Name of Image: KISS BY THE MOONLIGHT [original image]
Valentines Story: just 2 lovers enjoying Valentines day^^
Name of Photographer: Shifty @ flickr
About The Photographer:
I work in a skateshop in the South of France. And I'm fond of collecting toys and taking photos of them; just for my own pleasure and mostly to share with people on the internet as i don't have many friends who have the same passion.



Name of Image: RUNAWAY LOVE [original image]
Valentines Story:
You know that in Japan, there are ladies who offer gifts to men, but after receiving the gifts, the men have to give something three times the value (of the original gift) in return to the ladies. Therefore, during Valentines day, it's probably better to escape any ladies.
Name of Photographer: luffy06 @ www.flickr.com/photos/14287501@N05/



Name of Image: ORANGE LOVE [original image]
Valentines Story:
At first Minty didn't get it. Then he realized, her orange and yellow stripes were making him a mad man. He had to tell her how he felt. He just did. He went home and worked on a special gift just for her. When he approached her, she didn't expect it.

At first she was startled and even pointed her weapon at him. He quivered in fear, as the woman wasn't just great looking, she was a perfect shot too! She lowered her weapon, looked him in the eyes, and put her defenses down. She accepted with joy, and together they celebrated their ♥ and passion for color. ^_^


Name of Photographer: Saki-Waki @ sakiwrotewhat.com
About The Photographer:
I am a full-time student working in the hectic learning environment of the NYC Department of Education. Though currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in English focusing in Creative Writing, I'm having lots of fun traveling with toys and photographing them around the city. I also enjoy "wasting" my time running my personal blogging site, hoping someone will like what I write and actually pay me for something I LOVE to do.


*good luck, everyone!*
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK