Star Wars Galaxy 4 Sketch Cards Q&A with ARTDENKA

TOYSREVIL chats with Satoshi Tsukaya of ARTDENKA about their participation with the Star Wars Galaxy 4 Die-Cut sketch cards [TAGGED] and finds out what inspiration goes into their style called "CRAZYPOP"!
[CLICK THRU FOR MORE]

TOYSREVIL: Do share with TRE-readers - WHO is ARTDENKA?

ART DENKA: brainstrikers ARTDENKA are SATOSHI TSUKAYA (Illustrator, CEO), SHIGETA TANAKA (Illustrator,a.k.a GOCCODO), YOSHIFUMI OKITA (web&flash creator), & MAKI NOBE (Sexy sales women). We deliver the art of death from HELL to all of the world!


[www / myspace / info@artdenka.com]

TOYSREVIL: (You had me at "Sexy sales women" ;p) - WHAT was the inspiration behind your sketches for the Star Wars Galaxy 4 die-cut sketch cards?

ART DENKA: Our art is based on PUNKROCK, HORROR, SPLATTER & LOWBROW ART. We call our style "CRAZYPOP". I am especially influenced by BLACK FLAG, DESCENDENTS, JIM PHILIPS, & Quentin Tarantino!

TOYSREVIL: What was the medium you used? And how long did they take? Are you happy with the result? And how many cards did Art Denka complete?

ART DENKA: We used magic markers & highlighter. We drew it with DATADUB, GOCCODO, & Tulip. We enjoyed drawing the cards very much. And I'm happy with our works. It was very fun for us!! If I could participate in it again, I would want to have enough time for drawing the card. This time round, we did not have enough time ... haha

As for how many cards, I made about 15~20 cards maybe.


TOYSREVIL: Heck, I wanna have the chance to see 100 insane brain-melting art from Art Denka too! LOL What is the Best (or Favourite) and Worst memory of Star Wars you have?

ART DENKA: My best memory of SW is when I went to the STAR WARS attraction in TOKYO Disneyland with my girlfriend. We took a trip to Endor in the StarSpeeder3000. When we rode on StarSpeeder3000, My girlfriend kept holding my arm, hahaha!

My worst memory of SW is that scene when Han Solo kissed Leia ... That was the time when The love of my boyhood was broken ...

TOYSREVIL: If you could be a Star Wars character (from the 6 movies) - who will you be, and why?

ART DENKA: A Ewok!! I like them. They are little but very brave!!! I want to be so.


Images via STAR WARS GALAXY 4 Sketch Cards / Datadub's flickr
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK