A Closer Look At The Making Of Sucklord's GI YO Suckpeg Villains

After TRE's previous first look at The Sucklord's GI YO VILLAINS - featuring The Dutchess, Corp. Slither, and Pestro - now available at the Suckstore at US$100 per 3-pack.

Sucklord-Said: "Again I am left unsatisfied after the new movie. Except for some really cool fun details, it was an orgy of visual noise sandwiched in between every action-movie cliche ever invented. Once again they got the villains wrong..."

That was the "tame" version. CLICK THRU for the full unbridled Press Version, along with a nifty behind-the-scenes look at the making of Sucklord's Suckpegs - and what it means when the tag reads "handmade"!


SUCKLORD-SAYS: "There are 40 sets of these Suckpegs. That is a total of 7 separate pieces in a set for a total of 280 pieces. From beginning to end of the production process, I handle each one of these up to 12 times for each successive step.

I think it's important to emphasize the sub-Category of HANDMADE in the designer toy universe. Resin toys used to equal handmade, but not so much anymore with all these artists outsourcing the casing to production companies. HANDMADE is the ultimate in DIY."



SUCKLORD-ADDS: "The reason I put these pictures up here is to give customers a better idea of what they are buying. When you look at the finished piece and see how small it is, you may ask the question "why is it so expensive?" - The answer is because each one is 100% HANDMADE in the USA."


"The Magical final step before painting"

Every piece must get a layer of clear spray to "wake it up" and hide tiny scratches from sanding.


SUCKLORD-CONCLUDES: "I spent a beautiful weekend in my sweaty sweatshop banging these things out. I would rather do this than have fun or make love to a woman....."

[All above pics and info via Sucklord's flickr]

G.I. YO SUCKPEG FULL-PRESS:

"So there was this movie that just dropped recently based on a toy line/ cartoon/ comic book from the 80s about a fantasy military unit engaged in battle with a snake-themed Global Terrorist organization. As usual, I felt compelled to do a little bootlegging behind it as a combination tribute/ protest to this half cool-half awful noisefest that I forced myself to sit thru as "research."

I can forgive a lot of the weak character development and cliche plot devices, but again I can't get over how they once again blew it with the villains. The weapon-supplier guy was not bad. His origin was on point and his mask was pretty accurate. I give him a pass. But the others? I gotta break it down."


HOT RICH GIRL WITH GLASSES:
Looks perfect. pure fail in Character development. When we find out she's evil only because she was mind controlled, then turns into an idiot cheerleader, I wanted to puke. There are so few compelling female villains and this one was robbed of all depth and complexity by a ham-fisted writing cop-out.

COOL WHITE NINJA GUY:
Ninjas are cool cuz they are all silent and sneak around and are never seen and they do cool ninja shit on the stealth. They don't walk in the front door with no mask and big guns shooting everything in sight. Very un-ninja like. Wasted opportunity.

EVIL COMMANDER GUY:
The deal breaker. I could have let all the other crap slide if one of my favorite Villains of all time looked cool. He has two masks, the blue hood and the chrome helmet. Either would suffice. They are pop culture icons. Both the actor and producer thought replacing the classic look with a plastic jelly fish would be a fine update to the look. I give it an E.P.I.C. F.A.I.L. Now I gotta make some bootlegs to make myself feel better:

"Meet the Duchess, Corporal Slither, and Pestro. They come as a Suckpeg 3-pack in
an edition of 40. Get em while they're hot!"
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK