Custom-Showcase: Aplastar Smash by Troy Stith

The diorama / base-builds of artist Troy Stith is by now iconic to his toy-landscaping customizing characteristics, and his latest APLASTAR custom on a Jpe Ledbetter x Toy2R SMASH vinyl figure, brings an otherwise "lesser seen" new aesthetic to the fold: "historical context". (Be it fictional or fantasy).


HISTORY LESSON: "Aplastar Pass is the gateway to the great kingdom of Veroma. A kingdom renowned for it's grandeur and open hospitality. Yet it's shiny facade soon disappears under the threat of danger. The great monolith 'Aplastar' that guards the waterway, is said to wake and protect the pass. Turning enemy ships into kindling, while at the same time stomping and smashing foes on land. While no survivors have lived to tell the tale of Aplastar, it's legend lives on in the hearts of dastardly sea dogs across the land. The kingdom of Veroma has stood the test of time and will continue to flourish under the watchful fists of Aplastar."


[11 pics n slideshow above / Full-screen viewing]

Troy-adds: "I opted to only sculpt on the face because I really liked the shape and feel to this toy. I knew the angular form would work really well with my style. The river idea came to me as soon as I had the Smash in my hands and I saw the potential in his mighty stance."
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK