Product-Review: Image Rub-On Transfer-Fun from Kalkitos

I remember a "fad" yolks ago, when folks could transfer images unto a base image wherever they chose to, via a rub-down transfer activity-based concept with a pen or pencil (yes, I devoured them, along with my Paini sickers lol) … And then years later, I would be reintroduced to the pencil-scratching and transferring concept via Letter Transfers I utilized (primarily for Interior Design work, before the days the computer could be savvy enough to print out text in swish fonts LOL).


Fast forward decades to 2011, the concept is revisited and presented by Kalkitos! As a brand, Kalkiots has produced a series of works where folks are able to "create their imaginary world" via the activity-based concept, as well the recent K-Artist Series featuring the "K-ollaborative" work of O.I.C. Singapore artists, and as well made their appearance at STGCC 2010.

KALKITOS-REVIEW-01

Here are some snaps of a single Kalkitos package I attempted, featuring design work and characters from Wanton Doodle (tres cool!), but I reckon you folks might be better off viewing their instructional video-demo (which of course I have embedded here). Nevertheless, here we gooooo!

KALKITOS-REVIEW-02
KALKITOS-REVIEW-03
[An swell display of character-designs, no? Possibilities are endless!]KALKITOS-REVIEW-04

Just scratch on the image placed above the space you want them to be, and there you have it. The transfer was relatively very easy ~ and I reckon a tad too "easy" perhaps for other images! The "heart-in-a-word-balloon" on the top-;eft was NOT supposed to be transferred down there, as I dod not scratch that! But perhaps the heat and humidity has something to do with that, so I reckon tis better to "play it safe" and mask your images with the milky-film sheet placed at base of the transfer-sheet, IMHO.

KALKITOS-REVIEW-05

Do not need to be freaking out if you are unsure where to place the character-transfers (this is not a puzzle, yo!), as you can find an image-hint at the back of the foldable base image!

Image size range between Closed size: 148 (w) x 210 (h) mm and Open size: 442.5 (w) x 210 (h) mm, and with prices ranging between SGD$6.70 to SGD$8.90, you can order online your pick via http://www.kalkitos.sg/shop, this was a swell slice of nostalgia I managed to partake of, and Kalkitos has my thanks!

KALKITOS-REVIEW

How I actually got these in hand was when I whined about having bad postage on Twitter, and the kind folks at Kalkitoes read it, got in touch and sent over these awesomeness! (A very decent thing to do, especially for a company in Singapore, IMHO) Thanks again for your generosity! ~ Go add them @kalkitosSG! (Can't guarantee you'll get any sets too tho LOL)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK