Down @ Toy Street 2011 (April 22nd)

VENUE-TOYSTREET

Truth be told, I would have been out of my mind and plumb cleaned out my wallet if ever I made it to TOY STREET in New York City. Uncut Trading Card Sheets? Custom figures? Miniature designer resins? Ashcan comics? = THESE are the things which grab at my attention, and I can hardly keep my hands off them! A very flea-market feel to the festivities, as gleaned from the snaps of the event - which for me denotes an exceptional relaxed "fun" time to be had, rather than a full-on "Convention" - THIS is the sort of get-up I would LOVE to be in on.

AT-TOYSTREET-01

And I know I'll be taking my time, hanging out and scoping near each store, contemplating my purchases, and agonizing over not having enough cash for the others. Constantly squirreling away to the corner to repack my stuff and relooking at them, and constantly telling myself that I will not be buying anything "more"!

AT-TOYSTREET-02

If I were in NYC, I would have either not gotten a table (and spend my money away), or gotten a table and hawked off TOYSREVIL-stuff (and still end up going around and spending whatever little money I have earned on other things). But in truth, I think I would be pretty darn happy, and as well made loads of friends and fellow collectors and creators that throng the venue. This is the world I live in, and this is the world I want to thrive in.

AT-TOYSTREET-03

But alas, pictures are all that I have, but I have some swell online-friends added to the mix, so perhaps life isn't that bad after all…

[Full-selection of images on my Facebook album / Please feel free to tag yourselves]

All images via Twitter via @SteveTalkowski / @smack6102 / @tenacioustoys / @sidekickab. Bottom-right pic: Best Tee Shirt Evah! LOL

AT-TOYSTREET-04
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK