Daily Wrap-Up: May 28th 2011 on TOYSREVIL

MAY-28
[Click above for 12 x blogposts]

Funnily, it took me quite a while to start to re-embrace the notion of a "weekend". Back in the day of near-nine-to-fives (over a decade ago lol), the weekend (which meant a Sunday, as Saturdays are mostly workdays) was the only day to rest (although I spent many a Sundays manning my own flea-market table ;p), while subsequently in my earlier career, weekends and weekdays meant literally the same thing "just a day for work" (yes, I even worked holidays).

Then when blogging became more than a hobby, the weekend meant literally the only days to play "catch up" - to the myriad of personal posts (of which I had a whole lot of unfinished articles) and as well catching up with folks on emails (of which I have a whole lot still yet to be completed) - there just simply is not enough time in a day to get everything done, and answer everyone who needs to be serviced, that needs to be done online! And because Sunday readership levels are not as high as weekdays, it was time for me to sort out the week's posts. And Monday became my Sunday, for a very long time actually - when I took a break from blogging (for which I felt like a "club" or "pub", which opened on weekends and closed on a Monday lol). Ah, those were heady days indeed …

Funnily enough, with my current post-Stroke condition, there is not much "real-life" tasks that need to be completed, as I keep myself mostly homebound - and still, there is not enough time in a day to get things done - and at the risk of my current droopy-eye side-effect possibly due to lack of rest - I type still this as fast as I possibly can, so I can get to sleep, as I possibly can!

But this Saturday, I took some time off to finish my Revenge of the Fallen DVD movie (somehow the DVD on the smaller screen than the big cinema screen made for a better viewing experience), followed shortly by Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift (which I had experienced in VCD *shudder*) and a long afternoon nap followed by House on AXN channel on television. And I forsee Sunday to be more or less the same - and the weekend has since become quite a treat, and a weekend of rest, instead of a weekend of stress, as the way it should be in the world.

Cheers
Andy
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK