Dan Goodsell for New York Comic Con 2011

MR-TOAST-NYCC
"This year for the New York Comic Con, I am just going as a visitor. I will do a little set up at the Art Hustle Booth, #576 on Friday Oct 14th from 4-4:30 - I will be doing FREE custom sketch trading cards and have some other artwork and goodies for sale.

if for any reason you want to meet up with me at some other point while I am at the show let me know. I will bet here Friday and Saturday."
~adds Dan Goodsell of Mr Toast-fame.
This seems a perfect opportunity to feature the comicbook art of Dan (which I have been following on his Flickr for a while now) featuring the classic comicbook covers fromMarvel, given the Mr Toast-twist! Although no one has said these beauties will be making an appearance at NYCC - they sure looks awesome to me! Here are some snaps and as well a very quick Q&A with Dan!

DAN_GOODSELL_COMICS_01

TOYSREVIL: Why Fantastic Four? What significance does the comic have for you? Would we ever see an entire Fantastic Four homage-comic from you?

DAN GOODSELL: I have been a huge fan of comics since I was a kid, Marvel Comics were my favorites. I would love to do my version of a Marvel Comic. it would be great fun.

DAN_GOODSELL_COMICS_04 DAN_GOODSELL_COMICS_03

TOYSREVIL: You collect a lot of retro-stuff -is that one of the inspirations/reasons?

DAN GOODSELL: Yeah I love retro things. I like to look at the old design and get inspired.

DAN_GOODSELL_COMICS_02
[Check out Dan's blog @ mistertoast.blogspot.com]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK