Draw, Draw, DRAW! I Really Like Sketching

SKETCHES-01

I think I sketch a whole lot these days … in fact, moreso than I had ever done for the past coupla decades! I used to sketch extremely diligently, and had kept my sketches (however small) since I was a pre-teen! But somehow thru the years of adulthood, my dreams of being a full-time comicbook illustration all but dissipated, and have only engaged in simple doodles sparser throughout the past decade+, since before my Stroke in 2010. But now? I sketch like a madman I never was lol

I was humbled and honored to be asked about my drawings on Facebook just. And frankly, all I could say was to just draw. And Draw, and well, DRAW!

Constant drawing not just hones your strokes and ability, but as well your style of drawing, and of course along with constant practice on your chosen craft, helps develop and evolve it - something you cannot not do, when you constant work on your drawing.

As an "artist", I've had conversations about sketching for conventions and fairs, where instead of requesting a certain character, the person might in turn ask you to "sketch anything you want or like" … to be met with silence? Heh.

isketch-02 isketch-03
[Kudos to Kelvin Chan of Rocket Ray Gun and the
Art Jammers group for starting me sketching again!]

I am in no position to tell you folks HOW to draw to be better - tis obvious I am currently not an artist plying my trade to be able to offer any gems of wisdom in that regard, and frankly each person's style differs from the other anyways. Some would say 'better presentation of anatomy', some might even say a 'surer control of strokes', but as a humble fellow sketch-enthusiast, I would say - "Draw Away"!

Heck, I had even been so desired to have a "CollARTbo" ongoing series now with a chance for other artists to sketch along with me! And maybe one day, I'll pick up the courage to start a Toysrevil Sketch Club where folks could meetup just to sketch and collaborate - all for the fun of it :)

isketch-01

Currently I am happy with 'pin-up'-styled doodling on 4" x 6" white cards. Why these particular sized cards? I had actually chanced upon a pack while shopping for stationary (something I am prone to be doing these days, stringy enough) and had bought them thinking they'd make a decent presentation format, and as well something more freeing than a sketchbook (a bad sketch on a card and I can throw it away, while a bad sketch in a book, i can only flip it away or tear it out) - which I realized had stopped me from free-form sketching for a while since recovering from my Stroke, and so I have since stuck with that format for a while, and frankly the smooth surface feels great with pen/inks on it, and some minor color with flat-tipped markers!

I had blogged about WHY i sketch before, and I realize it as well featured different sketch-cards a couple of months ago haha - nevertheless, I carry with me a pencil-case now, holding my 6B-pencil and a few marker pens - to assist me whenever I feel like sketching - and the ability to do so, without the need to be judged that I am a "good artist" or purely a hobbyist, matters not as much these days, as being able to sketch 'free', IMHO :)

isketch-04 SKETCHES-02
Sketch Along With Me? :)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK