A Tale of Toy-Woe: Eleby & Fitus by Abell Octovan

ELEBY-FITUS-04

Today, we have here a peek at some swell toy-images designed by Indonesia-artist / designer Abell Octovan (of My Royal Ego), and as well a tale of woe and caution, in which toy-dreams were 'crushed' due to persons of suspect. Be careful who you deal with, and who you send samples out to, folks! *Read-ON and Be Wary*

ELEBY-FITUS-01 ELEBY-FITUS-02
"The story begins one day (when) I had won a design contest for Monskey 3" vinyl figure (as provided when we met at PC Jakarta). There were companies who saw my work and liked it. They had then contact me to ask if I have the original toy concept, for which I provided the address of my flickr page.

They loved 2 of my toy; Eleby and Fitus, and had then offered me to produce it in vinyl. I agreed, of course by agreed terms and condition. Then they asked me to send them to San Francisco (their design offices) for their review by the creative team, and I sent it as they asked."
ELEBY-FITUS-03
ELEBY-FITUS-05
"I was asked to wait for a few weeks, and 2 weeks after they sent me an email, they then told me that my design is worthy to be produced and salable. Then they said they will send my pieces to their headquarters and factories in HK.

Since that day, they have not responded to my email, and I had to give up. That's the story…"
Abell had requested for me to keep the company's name out of the post - for which I respect his decision to. While claiming it to be "crushed dreams" might be a tad overtly-dramatic, the fact that something like this happens, really gets my goat! That folks' handwork and efforts have been treated as such, regardless of the status and conditions of the company, is intolerable. SHAME on the perpetrators!
"This is my first figure. As shown on my Flickr, from the concept sculpt till the final Sculpt, and as well the color variants and the packaging too, had been made for "that" company." ~mentioned Abell.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK