Ninja Turtles Tribute (2012) by Malcolm Sutherland


I am really liking this incarnation of our collective childhood heroes in a half-shell, by Malcolm Sutherland of Montreal, Quebec, along with a splendid indie-comicbook vibe of the 80s black-n-white comics slapped with a heap whiff of sci-fi Heavy Metal, which I missed and loved. I would sincerely LOVE to see more of this animation style, somebody go make this work, please?

TURTLE-TRIBUTE
"A tribute to the Ninja Turtles.. ever since I read the original black and white comics as a kid I have been a fan. In TMNT Vol. 1 by Mirage Studios they used to have guest artists and almost every comic was totally different. In particular, when I read #37 and #42 By Rick McCollum & Bill Anderson it totally changed my life. No kidding! Those books are so beautiful, and are so intense and full of magic that they left a deep mark on me. Anyway, I always wanted to do a TMNT comic myself, but in the meantime here is a fan animation instead. Making this was like my 10 year old dreams come true. I know its super nerdy to make fan videos but I don't care.

The line that splinter says; "I am here, my son(s)" is from the first TMNT movie, made in 1990. It is one of my favourite moments because it always hits me as some sort of hidden zen-master-like riddle, as if he is actually saying "THIS is it" or something. The music is lovingly borrowed from the awesome 1990 TMNT film score by John Du Prez. I did the sound effects and the mix…"
~mentioned Malcolm.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK