TOYSREVIL Covers San Diego Comic-Con 2012

The coverage of San Diego Comic-Con on the TOYSREVIL-blog is split between 4 labels: SDCC2012 (for pre-event features and ad notices), SDCC2012-Set-Up (for a quick look at setting-up snaps before the doors open on preview night), SDCC2012-Seen (for on-site reports and features during the convention period), and SDCC2012-TOP10 = Top-10 serial feature - where I asked friends to list their own favorite Top-10 SDCC Toys-Want-Lists!



I feel that I've milked the teats-of-SDCC as far as I could, without stalking and rummaging thru every other website for their images and info-coverage to swipe, so I'll stop active coverage here (when I'm even considering posting "Glee" panel interviews, you KNOW it's time to stop this crazy blogsanity…).

Coverage has been more intense this year across the blogosphere - from folks who report about the toys and artists, to attendees with their photo-collection, with a heightened "awareness" of what's happening and 'who' seem pretty spot-on and rampant, which somehow makes the sense of "discovery" not as exciting in past times, well, at least from this corner of the globe, sat behind my laptop-screen.

And as well numerous websites who might not necessarily have anything to do with SDCC, has been posting relentlessly about happenings at the annual geek-con - no doubt the media presence has come to the forefront, with movie properties like The Hobbit, Iron Man 3, Pacific Rim et al grabbing at eye-balls across the globe. Even TV is having a strong showing across spectrums and varied genres (re: "Glee" panel). "Cosplaying" has become the instant access to Comic-Con, with ready snaps of recognizable creations from media to video games, as news sites carry them with aplomb. It's a great time to be a "geek" now, as the world embraces the notion, and wallets, much less the "heart" LOL

Licensed toys rein supreme - ala Hasbro, Mattel, while designer / art toys is covered as intently as the toy-blog folks pounding the convention floor. Right questions were asked and replied to, decent imagery was photographed, and even folks took to Instagram and flooded the stream with what's happening on site, as it happened! One of my most enjoyable Cons, thanks to the folks who have chosen to share, regardless if I was reporting/reposting about them, or just as an observer. So my humble thanks to all out there, for a good time at SDCC.

And maybe one day, I'll join you all at the Con myself, with my walking cane touching the convention hall carpet, and experience it for what it is myself, rather than living vicariously thru others LOL
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK