Happy Mid-Autumn Festival 2012


As much as I would love to regale to you folks about the times I had a candle-lit paper lantern in my hands, a young kid walking around at the neighborhood park underneath the glowing moonlit skies during one fateful Mid-Autumn Festival eons ago and having the lantern catch fire and me crying a river… it might well be a made-up story, as the only recollection I had of celebrating Mid-Autumn night, was on the rooftop of my design school alongside the girl I was courting, and basically did not really care for the lantern nor the mooncakes, simply because my attention was on the girl, innit?

And while I did get the girl eventually, the notion of Mid-Autumn Festival, was essentially just another day where Chinese folks have a legitimate excuse of a "tradition", to party and have fun!

And while I will not go into the traditions and historical context of the day (go read it on Wiki), and instead marvel at the advancement of the "tradition" in today's context, when even foldable paper lanterns are now lit via battery-operated lights, and come blister-carded (insert image) along with a selection of colorways!

I have since embraced it as yet another chance for the family to get together (besides Reunion Dinners etc), and partake of mooncakes (remember to drink Chinese tea, because them oily pastries be pretty "heaty" aka might give you a bad case of the sore throat) and generally enjoy each other's company. Not forgetting about the "Moon Rabbit" lore - which might seem more relevant to this particular blog and it's penchant for character design, IMHO.

Today, Sunday, is the actual day of 中秋节, so I would like to wish folks celebrating the event, to have a good time and enjoy the company of family and friends :)

MID-AUTUMN-FESTIVAL-TOYSREVIL
[Super7's Foster eyeing a mooncake ;p]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK