TOYSREVIL's "Free Comic Book Day" Challenge

MAY4

The task was simple: head out to see if I could pick up any FREE Comics on "Free Comic Book Day" today. Sounds easy-peasy, but my eye-sight was pretty horrendous today (had my eye-patch on the entire time) and body aching from no doubt too much table-fan blowing into my back - which no doubt leads to rheumatism (oh, my neck, MY NECK!), but no, I'm not going to let "little" hiccups like that stop me from completing my self-challenge! The result was, well … not as bountiful as I had hoped … This is a chronicle of my FCBD:

FCBD-2013-GNB

My first comicbook shop stop (after visiting Clogtwo's Machine Mouth solo show - more on that later), was G&B Comics at Rochor Center. Getting there was a breeze, finding the shop was another story. But a vaguer phonecall later, I turned a corner and viola! (And I met Noval! haha)

First time I've been to G&B, and it was packed with customers! I found my senses assaulted, and it hard to navigate the shop by my lonesome, hardly able to focus on titles as much as I would like to, sadly. Got pointed out to where the free comics were at (Thanks, Richard!), and managed to score the grand total of 3 comics (including one "Smurf", which I took as well, because 2 copies would have been even worse an accomplishment…).

Wish I could have stayed longer, but I literally could not sustain the place and people, and left for my next comicbook stop, at Bugis Junction!

FCBD-2013-ABSOLUTE-COMICS

I have been shopping at Absolute Comics for quite some time now, literally because it is easier to navigate, and the crowds (on weekdays) are pretty decent to my senses (but not so on a weekend like today tho, ho-boy not at all ;p).

The thing was, I did not ask for Free Comics, and neither did I noticed any anywhere, so after a couple of TPBs ("Saga" was recommended by @amaurerdesign on my Instagram too haha). I walked away with Zero Free Comics.

FCBD-2013-TPB

3rd and last spot I went to, was Kinokuniya next to Absolute Comics - where I know there wouldn't be any free comics to be had lol, but nevertheless had wanted to immerse myself in trade paper backs … and found myself the entire series of "Y The Last Man", but perhaps another series for another day….

Seems my self-tasked challenge of getting free comics today was pretty much a bust and FAIL - not too surprising really, as I have become a "tourist" rather that the geek during heydays of weekly reservation-lists … be that as it may, I could at least pat myself on the back for attempting to travel (harder than anyone realizes, given my current sate of health) … :)

Nevertheless, I scored me some nice graphic novels, and yes, treated myself to a trinity of POP! Vinyl heroes too! I know it's "Free COMIC Book Day" and all, but these count too, right? … RIGHT? :)

PCBD-2013-POP-VINYLS
FCBD-2013-POP-VINYL-BATMAN FCBD-2013-POP-VINYL-SUPERMAN FCBD-2013-POP-VINYL-WONDERWOMAN

Hope you had yourselves a good FCBD, folks!
And enjoy yours if it hasn't happened yet!
I go read my Smurfs comic now *cough*
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK