Toy Trades & Me

My trade for a Doctor Who figure from Titan came in today (thanks, Jon!) and I am pretty happy with the smooth transaction. And on the same token, I was surprised at the feeling of joy and relief I felt! It all started with a previous bad experience with a toy trade, and have for years not done any because of that, truth be told.


I remember sending over a 1/6 Dragon Model LINH (vietnamese soldier girl) to a collector from U.S.A., in exchange for a couple of unboxed 1/6 "Villains" from 21st Century … and I never did receive my trade items, and neither did the person reply my PMs from the hobby forum we both belonged to. And because I do not like "confrontations", I let that slide and subsequently did not return to the forum as well. Like a bruised little child, I shunned the site and from engaging in any further trades … I've always wondered why folks would turn against their words, over "toys", no less!

Yes, I continue to surprise myself with my own naivety, til this day.

But I let that experience affect my decisions thru the years, until recent months, when I had attempted successful trades for mini toys, so I am invigorated and my "trust" in fellow toy collectors have been revived! (this is my second actually, "naive" much? LOL)


(Thanks for the Lego Minifigures trade+extra, Chip!)

I believe in trades, and like the notion of toy trades. If it works, Cool! If it does not, no worries, the trade just will not happen, innit? Sure as heck the best way to get rid of your doubles, no?

I faintly remember my childhood toy trades with friends and folks - one model car for another, one Playmobil for another = the joy of "receiving" another new toy (even though it was "pre-loved"), was a swell feeling to be had, and makes the toy collecting notion just a little more fun than it already is, IMHO.

Cheers
Andy
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK