Joseph Gordon-Levitt For "The Sandman" Live-Action Film

UPDATED: "Just to clarify, folks. I've signed on as a producer on Sandman. The rest remains to be seen. Delighted you guys are excited. I am too! (tweeted Joseph Gordon-Levitt")
"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm incredibly honored to be working with David Goyer, Warner Bros, and @neilhimself on SANDMAN. #Prelude"
(Tweeted Joseph Gordon-Levitt ‏@hitRECordJoe).

I don't really like to be a party-pooper (but I've never liked parties anyways ;p) but I am on the fence about this new development concerning my favouritest comicbook series of all time (or so my memory reminds me constantly so), and how it would translate into the silver screens of Hollywood, without loosing the essence of what Neil Gaiman had created on printed form and published by Vertigo, all those years ago …

But to be fair, I am as well interested in seeing this incarnation, and how it adapts the revered concept. Will wait for design imagery and moving visuals before I go up in arms, or embrace the notion haha

"#Prelude" might well mean the first story arc started in the first issue of the Vertigo comic, which chronicles the capture and eventual release of "Morpheus / Dream" (wikipedia has more info).


And instead of speculating how Joseph Gordon-Levitt would look like "Morpheus", I'm more interested to see WHO they would cast (if indeed the role would exist in this c celluloid incarnation) as "Dream"s sister "Death! Then perhaps they could spinoff eventually to the long awaited "High Cost of Living" adaption, innit? heh.


(Joseph Gordon-Levitt pic via IMDb)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK