Jon-Paul Kaiser's Favourite Star Wars Customs


Having seen his custom-work based on Star Wars, and in anticipation of his custom-Qees being listed on TenaciousToys.com (from his "New Hope"-show @ Yoyamart circa 2012 / shown top-right are all 16" Qees), I asked UK-artist Jon-Paul Kaiser for his personal favourites (of what he has produced thus far), and this was what he shared (in no particular order that I know of ;p);


JPK: "The Bom Vimdin Mini-Munny from my A New Hope show, I'm a bit obsessed with Star Wars and have always been interested in the characters you see for a second or two onscreen and this guy is a great example. He just looks badass with his tiny eyes, mean expression, horn and medieval style studded jerkin."


JPK: "The Boba Fett unmasked Coarse Toys JAW. Mainly because Coarse toys are such a pleasure to work on, and it's interesting to explore Boba Fett beyond the mask."


JPK: "The C3PO ChuckBoy Dunny custom, this is a pretty recent custom and a really nice idea suggested by Chris who commissioned me; the armoured area the more familiar plated C3PO we're used to from the real Star Wars films with the unarmoured areas the exposed Threepio from The Phantom Menace."


JPK: "I did Greedo for Darren Clegg when he was first getting into the scene and it's possibly my favourite Star wars custom of all. I love the imagery of the character anyway, and when I was a child the toy I saw of him looked to me exactly how aliens should look. I'm also really pleased with the way the shadows worked out, particularly on his face."


JPK: "The Jabba Droplet custom for the Droplet custom show. The Droplet is quite a challenging shape but again I think I managed something a little clever and different with this figure." (Pics by Doc18 + Theresa Ho)
WHAT IS STAR WARS TO YOU? "To me Star Wars is an obsession, it informed my taste and imagination from such an early age; my older brother had lots of the figures that we played with together. I made dens, bases and all kinds of scenarios, long, rambling daydreams.. The designs of the characters, ships and environments inform my aesthetic taste even today and it's influence has stretched over so many other areas and world within fiction."
(Additional images via @jon[aulkaiser + @tenacioustoys)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK