More "Self-ish" Previews from Luke Chueh


In anticipation of Luke Chueh's solo show "Self-ish", opening October 11 @ COREY HELFORD GALLERY in Culver City, we have a trio of new paintings previewed here today (to add to my previous feature), with the above perhaps one of the first ever work from Luke featuring a character smiling! Quite a leap from his signature dour and sullen "feels" of his "usual" art aesthetics, IMHO.

Below-left is Untitled (Red Skull / 6" x 6" Acrylic On Wood Panel), while featured below-right is "Coffee & Cigarettes" (16" x 20" Acrylic on Wood Panel).

"If this show is about me, then I wanted to illustrate the one constant in my life, my morning ritual: Coffee & Cigarettes. Of course I realize that cigarettes are bad for you, and lately I've been making the switch to a vaporizer, but visually, tobacco cigarettes have more character than an polished metal tube." -Facebooked Luke Chueh.
Email jch@coreyhelfordgallery.com for availability enquiries.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK