#throwbacktoythursday: Top 6 Vinyl Toys of 2006


Looking back at my Top 6 Vinyl Toys of 2006, a few "truths" were obvious; (1) Besides the "gimmick" of "6" toys for "2006", I didn't really have enough current toys then to make up a "Top 10" lol … (2) the notion of "vinyl toys" seemed a tad "hazy" then, even in my mind, as it was a term for "art toys" utilized even until now for folks who chose to coin certain genre toys, even if they are not made of the material "vinyl", innit?

Of course a year later, I would have Top 7 Toys for 2007, but never truly kept at a list until recent years, again, due to the lack of toys and collectibles, but have since decided to focus on what I literally HAD IN MY OWN COLLECTION, as opposed to what I had wanted but did not own, and such notions of non-personal "lists". I like "lists", and there will be more to come, based on my own collection and experiences too tho :)

Be that as it may, let's take a quick jaunt back in time, to see which toys made my TOP SIX! (FYI: Each links back to my original blog-post :p)


toysrevil's top 6 vinyl toys of 2006 countdown #6:
Jim Woodring's Frank Toys Boxed Set from Presspop


toysrevil's top 6 vinyl toys of 2006 countdown #5:
Number 5's Get Small San Francisco
mini-figure set from Upperplayground, Fifty24SF and Ningyoushi


toysrevil's top 6 vinyl toys of 2006 countdown #4:
Kidrobot's 8" Doma Dunny


toysrevil's top 6 vinyl toys of 2006 countdown #3:
Kidrobot's Gorillaz


toysrevil's top 6 vinyl toys of 2006 countdown #2:
Tokidoki's Cactus Friends


toysrevil's top 6 vinyl toys of 2006 countdown #1:
Treesons by Bubi Au Yeung x Crazy Label
what makes a "favourite toy" a "favorite"?

"for me personally, it's the design, characterization, style, color integrity, the backstories that brings them to life and the stories that surrounds the figure's "history", ie: how did i get it? why do i have it? etc (i'll try to keep the stories short, i promise okay? ;p)" (Top 6 Toys of 2006 Tagged)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK