TOYSREVIL TOP TEN TOYS of 2016: #3 - KIEFER (14th Factory Edition) by Prodip x How2Work

WHAT-IS: It took some time - much longer than I anticipated -
but I’ve finally completed my personal TOP TEN TOYS of 2016!

CAVEAT#1: Items are to a part of my own personal collection, either purchased by myself, or gifted
to me, during the year of 2016. Essentially, this is a list of the toys that I already have, thanks.

CAVEAT#2: They could either be brand new toys released in the year of 2016, or they could have been
released earlier, but only owned or opened/deboxed in 2016. OLD is GOLD as far as I am concerned LOL


Enjoy The Toy-Joy, folks!
Andy TOYSREVIL.

My choice of (most of) the toys previously revealed on this list are primarily tethered to my emotional connection to the toys and their creators, besides my aesthetic and genre preference (of course :p). Listed #3 on my TOYSREVIL TOP TEN TOYS of 2016 would instead be based on both "eye-candy" and "curiosity"! Introducing KIEFER by Prodip Leung x How2Work! This edition is "official" titled "The 14th Factory Edition".

Touting a vinyl articulated body (pretty tight joints too) with a tailored fabric cape/drape, KIEFER comes with his own club and striped-horns, for that urban tribal vibe, currently standalone in this toy culture, methinks! And I've begun to really appreciate the smooth-surface "helmet" Kiefer is wearing, featuring printed "teeth", as opposed to a relief-sculpted version, which in my own opinion, might be a distraction to the design. Someone else can
"custom" sculpt a version, but THIS version works for me LOL

A post shared by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on


This would be the second colorway of KIEFER to be had, a BLACK to the earlier RED of 2014, and I fell for it the minute I saw it on Prodip's Instagram! Having had KIEFER and enjoyed ADIAN (from 2015), I had to snag this edition of Kiefer (thanks for the trouble, Winston!) ... then again, I do have a "weakness" for black colored edition collectibles :)


A lot of toys I choose are also collectibles that inspire stories within me too, at the very least a curiosity about them, and the ability to have stories unfold thru a smile interaction with of them - in-hand, and in front of my physically, rather than in-front on the computer-screen hahaha. Then comes the aesthetics/eye-candy aspect, and both attributes appeal for me greatly in KIEFER, who at this point might not register as clearly in a category other than "original design concept" (First introduced as a mascot for Toy Soul 2014), and hardly a derivative of any other existing product (that I know of).

I do not generally spend a whole lot of $$$ on toys (Not because I don't want to, but my abilities are extremely limited and "time sensitive" :p), but this year-end expenditure has become a welcomed "habit". And Prodip only releases ONE TOY per year, especially for "Toy Soul" in Hong Kong, so it is "easier" to continue to collect (although THIS year he changed gears and released 2 Editions of REIKI STAR CHILD with How2Work, for which I promptly blew my wad on, fhanks).

Cheers,
Andy TOYSREVIL

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK