THE LAST ZECTRON for *BYEBYE 2017 HELLO 2018* On TOYSREVIL



TOYSREVIL: How was 2017 for you? Share with us your most triumphant moment in 2017. What did you find the most disappointed of 2017?
ZECTRON: "My favourite release of 2017 was The Lost City of Gold set. For me it was a pretty big deal to be able to combine an Unbox vinyl creature I made along with an indie Japanese vinyl piece and getting it all painted by Joe Whiteford who is not only a good friend but my favorite painter as well. It was a mix of three things I love all together in one package which is important to me because too often these days different types of toys seem to exclude one another instead of celebrate each other."
ZECTRON: "A close second was getting Plorp released in vinyl for only $10 bucks. Over the last few years so many toys have gotten so expensive that the hobby feels too exclusive. So it was nice to have a hand in creating something fun for adults but affordable enough so even kids can grab one. Toys should be for everyone right? Thanks Unbox!"

A post shared by Zectron (@thelastzectron) on


TOYSREVIL: What is your most favorite toy, or piece of art you've seen in 2017?
ZECTRON: "My favorite toy from 2017 was the Blade Runner squirt gun released in Japan. That was such a perfect homage and utterly unexpected. Taking a child's toy and combining it with one of the most iconic hard sci-fi films of all time was just genius."


TOYSREVIL: What are you most looking forward to in 2018? Any plans for your work, for the new year you can share with us?
ZECTRON: "If all goes well 2018 will see a few more affordable vinyl Zectron/Unbox releases and my Deadly Delivery work with Retroband will continue as well.

There is one small personal project I have been working on for several years between other projects that I am hoping sees the light of day before the end of the year. It is a very intricate sculpt and pure evil, but in a fun way."

TOYSREVIL: Share with us, WHO you are and what you do?
ZECTRON: "I am The Last Zectron and I pull monsters out of my head and turn them into toys so everyone can play with them, instead of just me.

www.instagram.com/thelastzectron."
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK