"Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade" Live-Action Korean Remake


"Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade" is considered to be in my personal Top Ten Anime Films of all-time (has not changed since 2011), and when I heard that the Japanese-originated concept would be adapted into a live-action feature film by South Korean filmmakers, it had been a mixture of both "excitement" and "fear" for myself personally ...

I am all about "reboots", and the idea of revitalising a licensed property - from anime adaptation by Hollywood, or even classic cartoons (*cough*), BUT there are some memories I had hoped not to be "sullied" nor tainted by "bad remakes" - and JIN-ROH is one of them.

Two images has since hit the www, and I find myself veering towards the "excitement"-aspect of the geekself-entitled emo-spectrum LOL


Directed by Kim Jee-woon (The Good, the Bad, the Weird, A Tale of Two Sisters, Arnold Schwarzenegger-starring The Last Stand), the film will premiere end-July 2018 in Korea.
"The Korean remake titled "In-Rang" takes place in the near future Korea. After North and South Korea announced their reunification, terrorist groups that take objection to it have started activities. Then
an elite Kerberos Panzer Cop unit to quash the anti-reunification terrorists is formed, and the story
focuses on its human weapon called "Wolf.""
(Reported crunchyroll.com / Cast Revealed)

Created and written by Mamoru Oshii ("Ghost in the Shell", "Patlabor" = my anime idol), the 1999 "Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade" was directed by Hiroyuki Okiura and produced by Production I.G.. The anime film is the third adaptation of Mamoru Oshii's Kerberos saga manga, Kerberos Panzer Cop, after the two live-action films: The Red Spectacles and StrayDog: Kerberos Panzer Cops released in 1987 and 1991 in Japanese theaters.
"The film follows Kazuki Fuse, a member of a special police unit during the alternate history 1950s Japanese riots. Failing to follow an order to execute a frightened young girl only to see her commit suicide by detonating an improvised explosive device before his very eyes, Kazuki is put on trial and sent back to the training camp for re-evaluation. Visiting the grave of the suicide, he meets Kei, the girl's sister, who doesn't hold Kazuki responsible for her demise. The film proceeds as the two develop a peculiar relationship." (Wiki)

As enamoured I was to the anime, so too I'd attempted to collect the 1/6th-scaled action figures "back in the day", most prominently the "Kerberos Panzer Cop" release from Dragon Models - for which I'd only managed to purchase ONE full boxed figure, and picked up two "close" armor (in my foolish attempt to kitbash operators, making a team of THREE :p) ... but alas never truly went for the Takara Kerberos releases (including the female operator "Midori Washio"), because, well, I was a stingy-bugger who would rather "kitbash" than just "buy" LOL

My only regret is not having continued collecting the (loose) armor parts, and making a "Squad" of characters, before I became "financially challenged" for the better part of the last decade ~ LOLz

I would LOVE to post an image of my in-hand playing with my 1/6th Jin-Roh, but alas it is currently "lost" amongst the deluge of a toy-hoard in TOYSREVIL HQ, so a doodle would suffice, fhanks :)


(WIPS on #toysrevilart Facebook for Inktober 2014)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK