#throwbacktoythursday: Props for My Toys


I found my Tuktuk prop! But not the roof ... reminding me of the days when I'd splurge on buying "props / accessories" for my toys - for themed photoshoots - and this was well before the advent of the TOYSREVIL-blog, having multiple online venues like #Multiply (oh the sheer number of toy-pics since lost when I could not download them in time before the platform morphed into a online marketplace...) #sadface

My memory might not be the clearest it has been, but I have a feeling I purchased this at the Sunday Flea market at Clarke Quay decades back ... a random find on a non-toys-table (*I love "random finds").


Admittedly, most of my "props" were in 1/6th-scale, as I was heavily into the scaled-hobby back then (My Hobby Facebook Page), and I have trained my eyes to see sizeable differences, whether they would be suitable or not (#truestory), that most times I might miss the larger prizes (Also #truestory hurhur), with other sizes considered when I got poisoned deeper and branched out into other toy-genres - for example this tuktuk which I felt would've been a perfect fit for my #SesameStreet #Kubricks!

One day I will show you my "toys prop-box"...


Through the years, as personal finances got (regrettably) leaner, I'd forgo'd the notion of props, to somewhat focus on the actual main pieces themselves ... and I do miss those days too - where taking the toy-pictures itself was the "end-game" and toy-joy in itself, as opposed to needing "Likes" on uoploads to validate my efforts these digital-days, perhaps ...? Nah, I don't play this way, thanks LOL


Featured up above is an image I'd used to "announce" my first (work) visit to Thailand in 2010 (...a couple of months before the advent of my Stroke too #OMG), where that image itself was used from yet another toy-photo shoot from a few years back (before I started the blog) - more images of which are lost in time and hard-drive crash...

Cheers and have a Fab Toy-Day Ahead!
Andy TOYSREVIL
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK