2PetalRose for "ByeBye2018 Hello2019" on TOYSREVIL

WHAT-IS: "ByeBye2018 Hello2019" is a serial feature where select artists share with us their past year in 2018, and what to expect from them in 2019!"


TOYSREVIL: How was 2018 for you? Share with us your most triumphant moment(s) in 2018. What did you find the most disappointed of 2018?

LIAM SCRIVEN: 2018 was a great year in ye ol’ toy world. I started it off by releasing two new characters in the “Kid Katana” series.. Lady Bo & Emperor Kazo!

Then came Toycon in April which is always a highlight of the year! Closely followed by winning DTA “Toy Of The Year” award for my Kid Katana Skull Edition.


LIAM SCRIVEN: There were a couple of custom shows.. most notably a Star Wars group show at The Dynamite Gallery in Brighton England. I made a samurai stormtrooper which I’ve wanted to do for years!


LIAM SCRIVEN: Then I started prepping for my first solo show which is happening this year on Saturday January 12th!! This isn’t my full time gig so preparation has been about 3 months for it! I also revisited my Hondo figure and managed to squeeze in a small Reaper Edition release in November!

All in all, I had a great year and it’s set up a few amazing projects for this year.

The only disappointment was losing the one true super hero, Stan Lee.


TOYSREVIL: What is your most favorite toy/ piece of art, movie and TV Series you've seen in 2018?

LIAM SCRIVEN: That’s a tough one.. I see a lot of amazing art that inspires me. But picking one...Koncrete did a collab piece with artist Rachel Stevenson called “From Dust” a gas masked girl in a long coat.. it’s probably one of my favourite pieces ever let alone 2018!

I don’t see as many films as I used to these days but my favourite has to be Ready Player One, I’ve waited a long time to see some of those characters like that! TV show wise it has to be Ozark series 2 on Netflix!


TOYSREVIL: What are you most looking forward to in 2019? Any plans for your work, for the new year you can share with us?

LIAM SCRIVEN: My first solo show is happening on Saturday January 12th at Woot Bear San Francisco! I’m flying out there for the opening and it should be a great night! I wanted to involve so many more artists but I was prepping my own work as well as casting blanks and I just couldn’t get any more out there. So there will be 13 amazing customs and a bunch of new and one offs by me there.

View this post on Instagram

My show #crouchingshogunhiddenninja opens this Saturday (12th Jan) @wootbearbelly San Francisco from 6-9pm! As well as a heap of work by me there will be 13 custom 6 inch kid Katana figures by some incredibly talented artists. Here are pics of the first 6 - swipe through to have your mind well and truly blown. Thank you so much for your work guys, you’ve put the bar somewhere unreachable! Just incase you aren’t following them yet, i strongly advise you do - @muffinmansculpts @koncretevs @pickledcircus @squink @rundmbvinyl @angryhedgehogtoys More to come! #samurai #shogun #kidkatana #japanese #customshow #customs #show #resinart #resintoy #arttoy #toyart #mindblown #amazingart #13assassins #wow

A post shared by 2petalrose (@2petalrose) on


Toycon in April is going to be amazing.. my good friend Oasim (Karmieh Toy Design) who I’ve now worked with on a few projects is coming over from Romania to booth share! 

This year will see my first ever production figure being released through Collect & Display... it’s a new venture for both of us so we’re super excited to unveil... more info on that real soon! Then We’ll see..

TOYSREVIL: Share with us, WHO you are and what you do?

LIAM SCRIVEN: I’m Liam Scriven aka 2PetalRose from London England. I make art toys of the Japanese persuasion, focussed more specifically around the world of samurai.

(Stay Connected via 2petalrose.co.uk / Instagram / Facebook / Online Shop)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK