Chapter 1: Social Talk (AKA "My Impressions of Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE")

My desktop died before I could watch Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE, the day it premiered online (watchable now on HBO Max in the U.S., and HBO GO in Asia), and it took me quite some time to do so too - after securing a new refurbished laptop, and find the time to devote four hours of my attention - to devour the feature!



I'd opined my impressions of Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on my social (Instagram+Facebook), and as well typed out a long-ish+rant-ish article for POPCORNX, which I have been trying to merge the two, but quite frankly I am neither talented nor skilled enough to complete the task, and hence have since decided to POST TWO SEPARATE BLOGPOSTS to share.

Yes, I am coping out, but I need to expunge these thoughts+words out of my mind, and not cling unto my reel-life past moreso than I have done in my real-life, thanks.

THAT said, featured here are my words from my socials (*the other post will go on POPCORNX), in chronological order of viewing... ENJOY!



More than halfway into #zacksnydersjusticeleague and it has exceeded my expectations and more. I understand Snyder’s work is not for everyone, and there have been pretty vocal naysayers opining (even when I did not ask for any too), so to say “divisive” is an understatement - but I am watching this for ME and not for your benefit, and I am certainly enjoying it thus far! And I cannot wait to finish this! "We are Six, Not Five"!



The mood and tone is excellent. The visual storytelling is heightened and evocative to provide an emotional quality and depth that you might not necessarily expect from a “superhero movie”. I am so utterly grateful this is not a “popcorn spectacle”, and even if it is indeed “indulgent”, I am quite frankly grateful we could “indulge” in this too...



Deliciously flawed.
Delectably indulgent.
Flavoured with tears, marinated with desaturated shadows.

A taste infused with "cruelty", courtesy of Chef Snyder ... a taste so decadent that you might never have a chance to relish it again ... and instead we'll have generic flavoured pop cultured cinematic dishes in the near future to look forward to, served from the "DCEU-Cafe", posing as a posh restaurant, fastfoodfare like what everybody out there likes to consume. But hey, I enjoy them too, I’m not gonna lie! I'll take a fast-food burger over a over-priced restaurant serving anytime LOL

Comparing Snyder's to Whedon's is not wholly "fair" at all. Whedon's dish is served after mixing up a blender-mashed concoction of differing taste profiles, off someone else's recipe, and we get insta-baked fusion casserole some might have enjoyed, but not me tho ... but we each have different tastes, don't we? DON'T WE?

... While Snyder's was a slow-braise, rendering the unhealthy fats into a luxurious taste confused with indulgence and decadence - and for me - a taste sensation worth waiting for. A taste I recognize and was delighted to discover too!

You wanted your food fast? You got it in 2017.

Now that 2021 had served this up? I am grateful I even have a chance to savour this one-off "off-menu special"... Warner is "cruel" in this respect too - to offer up something so delish, then tell us it's no longer available from the kitchen? I adoringly blame and thank Chef Snyder - he planned the menu, but does not run the restaurant... and I can metaphorically hear folks triumphant in not having to taste his dishes again...! But not me, l like what he cooked, simple as that.

Don’t worry, we don’t have to break bread together, it’s all good as far as I am concerned :)

And people opine as if they have nothing else at the buffet line?
The food court stalls here deprived of choices?

Some might argue the dish is flawed and pretentious, and I will not argue their taste preferences. But this to me was succulently tender, with a fall-off-the-bone experience that will confuse my mind and not be able to look at another superhero-themed film the same ever again....

"Too OTT", you say?
What do people expect from a superhero-film? LOL

#somethingisbrokentho

Cheers,
Andy TOYSREVIL
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK