Daniel Yu on Channel 8’s "Morning Express (晨光第一线)"



"A zombie in a spacesuit, a model of a bird's mask on his head. Would you like this horrific, weird but humorous model toy? These are local doll designer Daniel Yu's work. His creativity derives from fairytale legends, trend culture and classical culture, both in Europe and America and the Asia-Pacific region, are well-favored by many buyers.

Today's "Playing Max" takes you to learn how Yu Wenjie can develop his childhood hobby and develop his creative work today."
(8world.com)




Singapore-based Sculptor / Toy Designer / Creator Daniel Yu was featured on Channel 8’s Morning Express (晨光第一线), along with Fanny Kao (from Taiwan), and as well we were treated to footage of the POP MART store in Funan Mall, plus ACTION CITY Boss Tan Tong Hong!

Also featured below are snaps off the tv - taken by my Mum - who excitedly told me about what I missed while snoring thru a Friday morning, only to find out thru the pictures WHO she was talking about! I reckon Mum's proud of me, by association with an artist on TV = YAY! (I showed her my Fortune Twins MeiMei sofubi afters lol). So Proud of Daniel!



*Check out Daniel's toy-art by CLICKING HERE for features on TOYSREVIL, including my very first feature of him back in early-2010, when he conducted a CUSTOMIZING URBAN VINYL WORKSHOP for [Artificial Artefacts]! All images since (re)uploaded HERE on Facebook!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK