TOYSREVIL Turns 17

The TOYSREVIL-Blog celebrates it's 17th blog-birthday today; February 18, 2022 (Singapore time).

While last year it was "Sweet Sixteen", it turned out to be low-key self-celebratory affair, even as I'd attempted a Q&A on Instagram Live, which I am thinking of doing yet another one for this year, but...



In 2021, I likened the TOYSREVIL-blog to my blog mascot turning "16" ... this year however, I'd mirror my own personal age and experience, and share with y'all instead ~ asked no one ever :p

Turning "17" was a precarious year for myself indeed, having had flunked out of 'O'-Levels, I had decided and chosen to repeat my Secondary 4 school-life (in the name school), in (A) An attempt to redeem my rejuvenated pride as the "Eldest Son", and study hard to reach the highest grade possible (at least to Junior College or Polytechnic),... and (B) Attempt to get a grade for "Art", so I could attend a local vocational college (as a fallback to my educational aims), fulfilling my dreams of being a "comicbook illustrator" (#truestorybro) - which did not "make sense" as a feasible "career", but given the situation, it certainly helped ramp up my "passion plans"...!

All of which meant disconnecting with my school-mates of 4 years (who had graduated by then, and moved forward with life), and the start of me making new friends in class and school (something which I never was that good at), with the pall of "failure" etched on my back, in my mind (but hardly "a chip on the shoulder", because I'm not the sort to give a fk LOL).

Alas I continued my non-winning-streak in my final grades, BUT I did managed to score the necessary points needed to enter the vocational college after the smoke settled (which is another story altogether), and the rest is, well, my life! Ah yes, "seventeen" was a precarious year, indeed... and in some ways parallel what I am going through now with the blog, and "life"...

"17" was a period in my personal life that had remained a blur, as much as it was a perioid where things "changed" - where what would be school-life joy to the harsher reality of needing to move forward with educational life. Ah yes, these are what memories are made of, innit? HEH

Seventeen years of blogging had left me too with way too many thoughts that I had anticipated, decisions taken and not taken, paths journeyed and imagined... and the last thing I want to do is to repeat my 17-year old self, and "regret". So this blog-year'll be with no regrets, nor declarations or promises. I'll do what I chose to, and truly hope YOU will be along for the ride.

THANK YOU for reading TOYSREVIL.

And if you like what I am doing, please do consider a kind donation, or support of TOYSREVIL via "Buy Me A Coffee"-page, or PayPal donations (Under "toysrevil@yahoo.com"). This would definitely go into keeping the lights on here ~ Thank You for your considerations.

Or you could support the blog with purchases via my eShop.

Have a wonderful toy-day ahead!

Cheers,
Andy TOYSREVIL
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK