2008-WRAP-UP WITH TRE: ANTZ


TOYSREVIL: Please introduce yourselves the TRE-readers?

ANTZ: I am ANTZ [www], 26ish at this moment, a full time in-house graphic designer for an entertainment company by day, and by night, I am an urban artist, dealing with vector arts, urban arts, running the GEEKSIGNERS, bumming, loitering and lotsa research on random theories.

TOYSREVIL: Oh man, I think "bumming" be the best activity anyone can ever indulge in LOL - How has 2008 been to you dude?

ANTZ: itz been fruitful, eventful and great! From being a judge to a competition to meeting awesome peeps like MARI (jap), MC YAN (LMF-HK), LIU QIU QIU (china), JEFF STAPLE (us) and of coz, DAVE MEGGS (aust). Done a few awesome collabs on walls, to toys and to shoes, involved with local and overseas gigs by tiger translate, Noise Singapore, Ministry of Sound (Singapore), REBEL and many more…and these are just few of stuffs that I can remember in my tiny brain…

[CLICK THRU FOR MORE]


TOYSREVIL: Fruitful always tastes da sweetest! What was the Best toy you bought in 2008? And which one was it you wished you hadn't bought? and why?

ANTZ: HA! I bought like 1000 and one toys in a year! And my most proud show offs is the MONKEY JOURNEY TO THE WEST vinyl box set, so far haven regret at any of my buys, JUST wish to get hold of Angry Woebots stuffs, Chaos Monkey by Bunka, Kobito by Yoskay Yamamoto, The Jumping Brain resin figure by Emilio Garcia and of coz, ANYTHING by Ashley Wood!...and of coz, MY list goes on…


TOYSREVIL: Dun mean to be a carrier of bad-times, but how's the looming recession affecting (or going to be) you in anyway dude?

ANTZ: Hmmm, maybe just my year end bonus…gotta delay a few buys for next year, besides that, I m currently dealing a major project with a healthy cashflow for me, that will keep me smiling for at least 1st half of next year…=) But I hope people still continue to do/love art when times are bad,  at least ART kept me happy and free.


[CLICK for Mimo Gala coverage @ Artholic]

TOYSREVIL: HAPPY is always good, and unfortunately FREE is never really free iz it? LOL -  What would you consider to be a milestone you've achieved in 2008 thus far?

ANTZ: Hmm theres actually a few of them, One is a show I put up with ADIDAS – ADIARTIST series along side with a few local talented motherf*kers. Its kinda my 1st solo showcase to public and I managed to pull thru a decent showcase. Another one is being invited over to LAOS by tiger translate, had an awesome time of my life, live art, and of coz tagging on crazy party animals!...=) Its an eye opener on their culture and their lifestyles…F*AWESOME.

ANTZ-ADIARTIST
[CLICK for adiartist coverage on TRE]

TOYSREVIL: Schweet! Now, I've asked this of everyone - If you were given a choice to remember just one single memory for 2008 (with everything else wiped clean and forgotten thereafters) - What would that memory be? ... And what would you rather forget?

ANTZ: Hmm, it’s the people who came and support my stuffs. I cant imagine its so real to me, and I never dreamt of stuffs like that, I sincerely thank those who helped and supported to make me to what I am now…and I rather forget nothing! Everything is like a lesson being taught to me… 

TOYSREVIL: What are you looking forward to in 2009? What should fans of ANTZ be looking out for?

ANTZ: more gigs, more meeting ups, more chilling, more awesome works from me! Ha! Expect to see my SUN WUKONG in 3D and animated, and from there hopefully any kind investors will drown me with cash to produce it into a vinyl toys…*hint


TOYSREVIL: Can't wait for the animation and dude, you KNOW I'm down for any of your toys if ever they get made (You Toymakers out there hear / read that?). So at the eve of Christmas - do share with us what have you planned for Christmas? And where will you be (and be doing) at the stroke of midnight 2009?

ANTZ: For xmas will be chilling out with my family and close friends…slow down my pace alittle bit more and have a love affair with my PSP ( playing death jr. for now). And for 2008.5, will be blending myself into one of my club outlets…chilling and hip hop my ass away!!!!!

MERRY LOVE CHRISTMAS ANDY!...*muackz

TOYSREVIL: Party-ON, duder! Dun let the music stop! XoXoXoX
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK