Seen @ AFA 2011


[20 x images in slideshow above]

Do permit me to prefix this particular post by apologizing for not being able to snap "accurate" images of the crowds thronging the AFA event this weekend - as it is already a struggle to walk around totting a camera and a walking cane at the same time taking snaps lol - so I had to schedule time where the crowds were not as intense, where maneuverability outweighed the need for crowd-shots. Nevertheless, here are general snaps of the different booths that populated the annual event! (More on my dedicated Facebook album HERE).

In the past, I would reminisce about the "good old days" of AFA's beginnings, when "toys" played a large part of the displays for the event (this is a 'toy-blog' after all) - but for this year's Anime Festival Asia (www.animefestival.asia) I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of toys presented before us! Check out the following links for individual blog-features related to toys:

- Good Smile Company @ AFA 2011
- Kotobukiya / Simply Toys @ AFA 2011
- Figurarts / One Piece @ AFA 2011
- Bandai @ AFA 2011
- Figmas @ Culture Japan
- TOYSREVIL's Go-Gashapon-Power-GO @ AFA 2011

And while I've posted about my personal experiences of AFA, here is a quick recap of what else was offered to folks - that were non-toys related:

- The free cups of Nescafe coffee with pastel-pink whipped-cream laid on my mind still - I was a coffee-addict pre-Stroke (at least 2-3 servings a day) and since post-Stroke, I hardly touch the beverage. The addiction was rekindled at AFA! >.< - AFA 2011 featured heavy merchandizing. From the myriad of tees fronting the AFA Shop to MUSE, to most every other outlet, folks certainly had their choices to shop till you drop! - Swords. Every other event you'll see folks walking around with katanas - so much so it inspired me to get one myself! - Maid and Butler Cafes had constant queues of folks waiting to go in and I suspect it's not necessarily to try out the food, but to perhaps immerse themselves in a cultural phenom that perhaps completes the 'experience' at AFA? - The Cool Japan Pavilion provided a swell peek at designs and character properties that laid await folks looking out for cool concepts. I'd done a walk thru, but did not have a chance to snap more booth images beyond those of the brochures seen below.

COOL_JAPAN_PAVILION_AFA-01 COOL_JAPAN_PAVILION_AFA-02
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK