I SAID IT MY WAY: Why Do You Like Toys? (from Issue #1 of *I LIKE TOYS*)

WHAT: In the month of June, I will be posting select articles from the first issue of my Sold Out self-published fanzine *I LIKE TOYS* - in anticipation of the release of the second issue in July-ish, and as well for folks who might have missed out on scoring the 1st ish, and for folks to see what I'm going on about with my Zine. Hope you enjoy the reads, folks!

I LIKE TOYS ISSUE #1: When I had the notion to start up this 'Zine, I knew I had wanted to represent the opinions of other folks - rather than just me rambling on by my lonesome to the ether, you know? And I had always enjoyed reading mail-ins in comicbooks - so here it is, YOUR very own soapbox-in-print: The iSay iSay Page! *(Sure the page-title might change, just send in your suggestions!).

Note that the following words/impressions (some edited for length and grammar) were gleamed from my Facebook and emails, when I had asked two simple questions: WHY DO YOU LIKE ART TOYS?
"Art Toys are the sole embodiment of artistic creativity of a generation of geeks and nerds and pop culture heads. As they grew up they started creating toys that reflected this iconic style and no matter what, true fans will appreciate it." ~ Sean Pickles

"I like toys because I'm still a big kid, I love action figures when I was younger and so vinyl/art toys are almost a continuation of it nowadays. I'm also an artist myself and so I appreciate the character designs not just the colours and graphics of them but the shapes and scale." ~ Chris 'Bunny' Howker

"On a simple level, they make me smile when I look at them. So many are cute and smiling themselves, but even the grotesque and sinister bring me joy. They are a way to be involved with artist’s work in an affordable format. They are art, craft, and design all mixed into one. As an artist, I appreciate the thought and work that goes into each one." ~ Maquette City

"Because its unique, different, and just like an imagination out from brain to (the) real world." ~ Wijaya Santoso

"I love art and I love toys, when the world introduce to art toys, it's like a dream come true, while art is mostly 'serious' in a way, bringing the new form especially in toys bring the art side more 'less-serious' and could I say 'Fun'!" ~ David Cornelius Tan

"I like it because it inspires you to create, not only consuming." ~ Eric Wirjanata

"(Because) at last toys are seen as an art form." ~ Confiton Carmona

"One answer to both questions. Because they are inspirational." ~ Evan Cheng

"Simple! They put a smile on my face!" ~ Winston Leong.
[UPDATES on the I LIKE TOYS Facebook]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK