SGCC2022-HAUL: All The Toys!



There is a local Singlish expression: "Ownself Poison Ownself" (Thanks for reminding me, Jerry) - which quite literally means to share the existence of an item, with the distinct purpose of convincing others to buy them, and end up buying them for yourself ... welcome to TOYSREVIL aka MY TOYLIFE!

Yes, it's time, folks, this is MY Singapore Comic Con TOY HAUL blog-feature!



This year's toy haul was manageable, and in a way less stressful than earlier years, actually. Not counting the pandemic, my last (local) toycon was in 2019, where I splurged like I could make back the $$$ the next year, to which I lost the opportunity to afters, and thumb-sucking has been my "job" since, next to my blogging "side-line" (I would LOL but I choking back my tears, thanks).

The haul could've been a little bit larger, but for the items that had been SOLD OUT by the time I returned to the booths and vendors (I even snapped pictures of, but feel like crap looking at it afters) - which a day before I'd eagerly filmed for the blog too! But that has been the story-arc for the past decades+ blogging on TOYSREVIL anyways - I call it "toy-fate", if only to make missing the toy a little bit earlier to gulp down my wretched throat of regreeeeetsssss.......!

But no, YOU are here to see the toys I managed not to miss, and so ONWARDS we go...!

FYI: If I don't provided information on WHERE to get them post-event, it is because I do not have that information, thanks.



Prior to this year's Comic-Con, I was considering starting a "ritual", of at the very least buying a "tokidoki blind box", even if I could not afford anything else ... that said, I was so looking forward to the tokidoki X Hello Kitty & Friends series, but instead found TokiMondo Series 2, and this was what I pulled:



[ Watch above video slightly slowed down HERE on Facebook ]


I've had a FAT TIGER/PANGHU blind box from Series 1 and Series 2, and thought to complete the "trilogy" with PANGHU & BABY Series 2 at the 52Toys Booth, and I reckon I pulled my fav combo...! OMG the Baby is so preciously SMOL...!



[ Watch above video slightly slowed down HERE on Facebook ]






[ Watch above video slightly slowed down HERE on Facebook ]


Seeing the figure series display for PIQIQI LITTLE MONSTER (at the 52Toys booth) was more enticing than online images (at least for me, for most cases, in fact), so I ventured into grabbing a blind box of a figure I do not intentionally collect ... and came away with liking my pull! Would I buy more? It'll take more than one figure to convince me to not focus my funds on figures I already like tho, IMHO.



Having seen the creator @boxboxlab demonstrated the magnetic feature of his WHALE FAMILY set while I filmed a walk-thru (I wouldn't have known if he did not do that, so THANK YOU), the appeal stuck in my mind, and I came back on the second day to snag the LAST SET of the Artbook+Sofubi combo! Besides the time-lapse video seen above, I'll be posting a separate feature on them cheers. Meawhile, here are some "Magnet ASMR" (Coined by Angeline):





Now, I am pretty angry with myself, for not truly noticing this series, even as I filmed a video walk-thru of the 52Toys booth, and casually glanced thru the figures ... until the second/last day of Comic-Con, visiting said both to pick up a Panghu, THEN seeing these figures! And of course by then I'd missed the Cthulhu main character figure!!!! Available were the "Silent Film" version while the full colord version were on display only...!

OF COURSE I'd love to own them ALL, but I could only afford the 2 I picked up, which I will do a separate blog-feature for (until I find more information for tho), to take a closer look, cheers.






The @kai3studio booth at Artist Alley was quite a surprise find for me, as I went my very last (rapid) round, and was intrigued by the Panda X Dino character combos, and the ability to exchange/ SWITCH heads! What I really wanted were the larger figures, but I could only afford the mini figures by then tho... FUN!



[ Watch above video slightly slowed down HERE on Facebook ]




"Remyndling" from @jessica_emmett was a gift given when we met, and was NOT FOR SALE at Singapore Comic-Con in any capacity!

3D-printed and hand-painted, these 50pcs limited edition cuties were gifted to friends and select folks over the weekending when Jessica visited the event! Thanks, Jess! More on these in a separate blog-feature!



MY NON-TOY HAUL FEATURES:
MY SIGNED "CRIMSON STAR: CHAPTER 0" COMICBOOK
HOW SEAN LAM XIESHI'D ME AT SINGAPORE COMIC-CON
ABOUT THAT "18 - SPECIAL REPORT"
And more to come...!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK