MyToyLife: Interview with Linda Le aka Vampy

VAMPY-MAM-01

Now we've featured Ms Linda Le aka VAMPY on TOYSREVIL numerous occasions, and even did an interview with her circa SDCC 2010 - but we know her mostly as a Cosplayer and a model.

An average-joe male-geek (*raises-hands*) lives thru life being looked upon weirdly with his contemporaries, and longs for the attention of the fantasy female fellow-appreciator of the geek-arts, most times living a fantasy life (as most movie-scripts will attest anyways :p). So what is it about a girl and her toys? A gorgeous girl no less? CLICK THRU to be educated (without a hint of sexism in your collective bones, you cheeky blokes!)

VAMPY-MAM-03
VAMPY-MAM-02

TOYSREVIL: And while TOYSREVIL featured you previously as a Cosplayer - We actually know little about you and your affinity with toys! Tell us again about yourself, who you are, what you do and what you like - especially TOYS!

LINDA LE: Yes, I wouldn't know what to call myself, because I guess for one thing, I'm an explorer/magician. I like to create on the daily, everything that comes to mind and at the moment. I have a huge soft spot for anything mechas. I really like vinyl toys that are dark/fantasy as well. Figures from anime/video games, and well everything really. I especially love Resident Evil toys, and Berserk Figures since they are my most game and anime. Typically those are highly detailed and have massive weapons, which I do find a common feel among most my collect.  I recently had a chance to blog once a week on a geek site called www.youbentmywookie.com where I get to talk about everything I like, which is pretty awesome, I always wanted to show people what I'm watching or suggesting things  that made me geek out as well. The column is called, "Linda Le's Weekly Geekly".

VAMPY-BUNNY

TOYSREVIL: "Weekly Geekly"? Nice! Still on the vein of toys - what did toys mean to you? Your first encounter with toys? How toys has affected you thru the years?

LINDA LE: Well, like every kid we all had some toys given to us by our parents, nagging our moms or dads to buy us some toys from 80s cartoons was pretty regular. Although I never had a Barbie, which kinda made me a tomboy in my moms eyes. My brothers and I got to play with the same toys. Transformer toys were our favorite, and I guess that's where I started my love for mecha toys especially. The way it makes me happy when I look at toys is always a determining factor in my life. I've always connected happiness with looking at  figures, a nostalgic feeling even. Toys are like a piece of art, that you can display if you will, and admire. They keep me inspired as well, and also it helps a lot in my cosplays. I also find the toy community is very awesome, everyone is supportive and open to try new things, which is what I'm all about.

VAMPY-TRE-YOKA
[Above: Linda with the now sold-out TOYSREVIL-Yoka]
VAMPY-TOYS

TOYSREVIL: As much as we are inspired and influenced in the past, that shares who were are now - what do toys mean to you now? A hobby? A job? A forgotten melody?

LINDA LE: Well they are definitely a hobby/addiction. All my friends always call me the toy psycho because I either physically jump when I see one in a store or lose my breath when I check out new ones for pre-sale online. I would hobby, but more so a very healthy fun and satisfying addiction. I like puzzles, figuring things out and things of that manner so I really like putting together Gundams. I started out with model airplanes and painting them with my best friend. Then when I could afford more, and finally got a car,  I went onto buying my own Gundams. Its also very relaxing to do, on a weekend when I'm not working, its even satisfying when I finish building one. Almost like a kid saying, "Hey look Mom look what I did!" haha ^__^ 

VAMPY-OTIS-OTTO-01
[Linda modeling Scott Tolleson'sOtis and Otto DCon Edition]
VAMPY-OTIS-OTTO-02

TOYSREVIL: What do toys mean to you in the near future? We've been seeing loads of you in toy-snaps and appearing in the toyworld - is there more to just modeling toys?

LINDA LE: I have always wanted to work on a toy of my own, or a line for girls that generally isn't made in cuteness overload. Although I do like that very much, but in a sense I'm hoping to complete some collabs soon that are entirely towards the girls/guys who likes creepy as much as cute. Also I'm very interested to introduce something that infuses some aspects of what I grew up listening/watching. I know a lot of girls aren't super "girly" kawaii even, so it should be fun to create something for them too. In  a lot of ways, what I always wanted to have but was never sold.

VAMPY-BLACKROCK-SHOOTER

TOYSREVIL: A Toy by Linda Le? You know if I can, I'll sign you up right now, right? Good luck for your dreams and we'll be looking forward to seeing them all!


[Here's a relook at Linda unboxing Jesse Hernandez's Mictlan on video]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK