May 25/2020 Edition of TOP TEN BLOGPOSTS On TOYSREVIL (The Past Week)

Woke up a little bit later than usual today, since it is a Public Holiday here in Singapore (as Hari Raya was over the weekend, and is usually replaced with a "Monday" public holiday, as are all/most festive celebrations here in SG), and I am reeling still from our neighbour's gifted food (Pats tummy with relish, but the chili-padi be messing with my Qi :p), followed a rousing (re)watch of an older movie last night, and woke up from yet another series of ridiculous dreams (I am sure they mean something in my subconsciousness), to prep THIS weekly Top Ten Blogposts (for the Past Week) on TOYSREVIL at 11:30am on May 25/2020 - based on YOUR reading/click choices, as recorded in my blog-stats - so that you can catch-up with what you might have missed, and find out what everybody else is interested in reading on this humble blog of mine! ONWARD!


#10: LOWFOOL // WINNER (TwoFace) from Fools Paradise has since launched for pre-orders online (since May 20th)... I never did tell you folks about the time TOYSREVIL received it's first C&D, did I?

STORY-TIME: It was the year 2008, around the time of promotions for Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight", which included the I BELIEVE IN HARVEY DENT viral campaign ("Hashtags" were not in trend then :p), with one key thing folks were angling to find out: How actor Aaron Eckhart LOOKED as "TWOFACE"!


And it was revealed via a "action figure" at a show (back in the day when it was viewed as a "rarity", unlike the rampant online features today), which I posted about (since deleted / reformatted in image above / THIS was not it tho :p) - which in turn got me a decent amount of clicks/views and link-backs from other www-sources who posted the "sneak" (which credited TOYSREVIL) - which no doubt led to my post being blocked by the studio with a "copyright" Cease+Desist = my first ever on the blog!

With that excitement then overshadowing my anger at being told what I can or cannot post about, the entitled little blogger-me felt hahahaha ... probably put me on a "black-list" since, as my blogposts had been constantly flagged, over a multitude of feature film reveals - with toys or otherwise - thru the years :p

These days, EVERYBODY does it, and my relationship with the www in this particular aspect of toynews has since been severed, alas :p

Decades later, we have a schweet appropriated collectible toy I can post about and relish ~ MUAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA ~ END OF STORY-TIME :p

#9: And while I'd missed posting about the initial giveaway release, I was "reminded" of Sket-One's JINRO Dunnnys via my social feed on Facebook - featuring #JinroCocktailChallenge & Giveaway Contests!


#8: Have you pre-ordered your JABRA HEAD (HELLBOY Version) from @evilroystudio yet? Deets in my blogpost-linked, with the IG-image (above) getting some schweet-cyber-loving on my Instagram too!


#7: The Skull Toys Collective-Exclusive SKULLKID (Darkiron Edition) by Skullman has since dropped and winners announced! AND "membership applications" has since been unfrozen for this Private FB-group, so you might want to consider joining for future exclusive releases!

For a while now, folks have lamented at how "old" FB has been, to be catering to the "older" demographic - as opposed to the younger-set TikTok et al - but you do also realize that where the folks who could pay for their own collections would gather, don't you? You want "eyeballs" or "dollars"? But that's just my own (perhaps) warped www-view...

Dedicated "Facebook-groups" might well be are one of the new www-frontiers of "exclusive releases" to be had in our near future(s)! There, I said it...!


#6: #sailormoonredraw In 3D by @ma_sumiya sees the current trending sketch-challenge (which even attempted to do) being made 3-dimensional! I've since added new behind-the-scenes of his work, and as well he's posted about how he used Keyshot in the process of the creation here (All in Japanese language/text tho)!


#5: Only images revealed thus far for the YELLOW / USED MUSTARD BLASTER by Sket-One x Tomenosuke, with pre-order/availability to be announced somewhen, so stay sharp, folks!

#4: Japanese character designer TOUMA is celebrating 20 years in the toy-biz this year, and THIS Mobile Suit Gundam design is just one of the many collectibles - past and future - he has been featuring on his socials FTW!

#3: And while this GUNDAM MASK ASTRAY edition has since been SOLD OUT, you can still look forward to future editions from Thailand-based , including the unpainted resin cast kit NOEW opened for pre-orders on his Insta @poot__prop!

#2: CLICK HERE to rewatch the "Final Trailer" for Marvel Studios' Black Widow, since (re)scheduled for a "November 6, 2020" premiere in U.S. cinemas. Only left to "reveal" is the actual identity of the "big bad" of the film: "Taskmaster". No toys has revealed that thus far too ... LOL

#1: (Re)Watch the Final Trailer for Ghost in the Shell: SAC-2046, and head HERE to read my impressions, before you binge all 12-episodes of the (original) animated series here on Netflix (SG).

Have a Safe Week Ahead!
Andy TOYSREVIL
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK