Bjorn Lim's #TopTenToysof2021

WHAT-IS: What are YOUR #TopTenToysof2021? I’ve invited some collectors to share their favs and you can check if they share the same designer toys as you, in this serial feature on TOYSREVIL heralding in the new year of toys in 2022!



In this feature today, we have Bjorn Lim sharing his favs for 2021! His collections - along with my invited collectors - are something I look forward to every year, having most of them being what I personally would love to own too (Yes, living my toylike vicariously thru his collections LOL). Scroll thru to see this year's list, and check out his previous years' list linked below!

#TOPTENTOYSOF2019
#TOPTENTOYSOF2018
#TOPTENTOYSOF2017
TOP TEN TOYS OF 2016
#TOPTENTOYS2015
TOP TEN TOYS FOR 2014


BJORN LIM: "Nowadays, the main focus is size because I really don't have space anymore. Lol... Marie Kondo will probably faint if she sees all of the toys that I have crammed on my desk and shelves. For 2022, I guess my toy hunt methods will stay the same. I pretty much collect whatever catches my eye. But I don't think I'll ever make my own toys. I can't sculpt or paint to save my life. And here are my Top Ten Toys of the year." (instagram.com/kopiwriter)




#TopTenToysof2021 #10: Mean Essene JC by Underverse (IG Image)

BJORN LIM: Ashley Wood has designed and created many 1:6 toys since his ThreeA days, and I love Fighting JC the most. While ThreeA is no more, Underverse is his new gig and I'm super glad that he's still making 1:6 Adventure Kartel (AK) toys. Mean Essene JC is the new Fighting JC with Ash's usual typo, and it is the first 1:6 AK figure released under Underverse. I hope he will release more AK figures so that we can see how Tommy Mission, Little Shadow, Zombs, Bleak Mission, Zomb MD, etc will look like in the new Underverse world.



#TopTenToysof2021 #9: Spawn by Todd McFarlane Production (IG Image)

BJORN LIM: I used to save my lunch money to buy Spawn comics when I was a student. There were many Spawn figures based on the front cover of the comics, but I could never afford to buy them as I had school fees to pay. When Todd announced that he was releasing a new remastered version of Spawn through Kickstarter, it's a no-brainer to get one.



#TopTenToysof2021 #8: Hell Chaos by Unbox Industries (IG Image)

BJORN LIM: If Unbox Industries has a monthly toy subscription plan, I'll probably sign up for it immediately and try to survive with an almost empty wallet by eating instant noodles every day. They release some of the coolest toys on a very regular basis, and Hell Chaos is no exception. It's very impressive - both in size and details. You just have to get it, especially if you have played Splatterhouse when you were a kid.



#TopTenToysof2021 #7: Cthulhu Sama Soft Vinyl Figure "Glow in the Dark" by Arclight (IG Image)

BJORN LIM: I'm actually not very sure whether I have gotten the name and the manufacturer correct. I know I saw it during one of my daily toy browsing, and then I could never find the website again. I suspect it's cthulhu magic. Fast forward many, many months later, I saw it on the secondary market and bought it before I lost sight of it forever.



#TopTenToysof2021 #6: Wish Upon Me (Sunset Edition) by Mighty Jaxx and Yoskay Yamamoto (IG Image)

BJORN LIM: This figure was actually released a few years ago, but I didn't manage to pre-order it as the stars didn't align (a.k.a. too busy at work and no toy funds). But the good toys we missed have a way of coming back to us. I chanced upon it from an online retailer during my better days and bought it instantly. It looks beautiful under the light, and my photo honestly doesn't do any justice to its beauty. So if anyone out there is still on the fence about getting one, just do it. You won't regret it once you see it on hand.



#TopTenToysof2021 #5: Kaws: Holiday Singapore (Grey) by KAWS, DDT Store and AllRightsReserved (IG Image)

BJORN LIM: This is honestly one for the memories. Never in my wildest dreams would I imagine that Kaws: Holiday would arrive in Singapore.



#TopTenToysof2021 #4: Bone of Devilman (Transparent Version) by MonsterMind Toys

BJORN LIM: This is just drop dead gorgeous. If you love Devilman and clear toys with guts (or skeleton) inside, you can't miss this. Oh, and it glows in the dark too. How can you say no to this?! It's a must-buy!



#TopTenToysof2021 #3: The Shocking Twins by Fools Paradise (IG Image)

BJORN LIM: I was a huge fan of Stephen King when I was a student. I have read most of his books, and The Shining is one of my favourites. While there are a few toys inspired by the famous Glady twins, I think this release by Fools Paradise takes the cake. It mashes Arale Norimaki with the Glady twins, and the nostalgic levels are off the charts.



#TopTenToysof2021 #2: SML Wars SS 001 Spacecraft by Sticky Monster Lab and Blitzway

BJORN LIM: You can't go wrong with Sticky Monster Lab. The quality of their releases are always top-notch. Plus, this is kind of an update and upgrade of their previous SML Wars SS 001 release a few years ago.





#TopTenToysof2021 #1: Anatomical Muckey "Zombie G.I.D" by Jason Freeny and Instinctoy (IG Image)

BJORN LIM: Instinctoy's collaborations with James Groman and Jason Freeny are basically a toy collector's wet dream. I can only admire the former's from afar, but I was lucky and crazy enough to get my hands on the Anatomical Muckey figure. I had to eat grass for some time, but no regrets!

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK