Bjorn Lim's TOP TEN TOYS OF 2022



Singapore-based Bjorn Lim returns with sharing his 8th TOP TEN TOYS-list in TOYSREVIL's annual serial feature. And I have to admit I drool over his instagram.com/kopiwriter-stream at his collection, and I HAD TO SHOW HIS TOY-SHELF, c'mon!



BJORN LIM'S TOP TEN TOY LISTS ON TOYSREVIL:
#TOPTENTOYSOF2021
#TOPTENTOYSOF2019
#TOPTENTOYSOF2018
#TOPTENTOYSOF2017
TOP TEN TOYS OF 2016
#TOPTENTOYS2015
TOP TEN TOYS OF 2014








TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #10: Evangelion Unit-01 by Threezero (Pix on Insta)
BJORN LIM: It's hard not to like the Evangelion. But I kept telling myself that I have to avoid the 1:6-figures-rabbit-hole (remember the heydays of threea, anyone?) so I managed to avoid carting one when Threezero released it. But I never really got over it. I kept checking out Threezero's online store and other toy retailer websites for it. One fine day, I decided to give in and mmmmaaaaannnn, it's so good. If anyone out there is still having second thoughts about it, don't. You won't regret it.



TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #9: Spawnbot by Soft Steel Toys and Bid Toys (Pix on Insta)
BJORN LIM: I always have a soft spot for Spawn. And I do like the Hellbot figure by Soft Steel Toys (kinda explains why I have three of them. lol). Somehow they read my mind and came out with this homage.



TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #8: Nirvanalien by Prodip Leung and JPS Gallery (Pix on Insta)
BJORN LIM: There's just something about Prodip Leung's character designs that I'm attracted to. Thankfully, his releases are slow and steady. Otherwise, I'm doomed.



TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #7: Molly x Peko by Pop Mart and Kennyswork (Pix on Insta)
BJORN LIM: One of the reasons is that the Peko-chan character and Kennyswork's Molly figure are cute. But the main reason is the urban legend about Peko-chan (I'm not going to spoil it for you, so just google it if you are interested to know).



TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #6: Splatterhouse Rick Glow Mask by Unbox Industries (Pix on Insta)
BJORN LIM: There's always going to be one Unbox Industries' release on my top 10 list. They release so many awesome toys consistently, and I'm really surprised that they haven't gotten more awards for it. For this Rick vinyl figure, there's just so much nostalgia if you had played the Splatterhouse video games. And even if you don't, the Splatterhouse series by Unbox Industries is amazeballs. Plus, the glow-in-the-dark terror mask is basically a cheat code that made me buy it. How to resist???



TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #5: Quetzalcoatl by Frank Mysterio (Pix on Insta)
BJORN LIM: I first saw these quetzalcoatl figures on Frank Mysterio's IG and I just love the sculpt and his incredible paint job on them. Fyi, he's still making a few more once in a while so DM him quick if you spot a new one in the wild via his IG stories.



TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #4: Slimer by Unbox Industries and Punk Drunkers (Pix on Insta)
BJORN LIM: Punk Drunkers' designs are a lot of fun, and this collab figure with Unbox Industries is no exception. And c'mon, who doesn't like Ghostbusters? I'm just glad and lucky that I managed to get one without being cartjacked.



TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #3: Samurai (Hell Chamber) by Mighty Jaxx and Rob Bowyer (Pix on Insta)
BJORN LIM: I generally like samurai, ronins or characters with swords. But if I remember correctly, my wallet wasn't in a good shape when Mighty Jaxx released it for PO. Thankfully, a few retailers still have stock of it and I was able to grab one for a great price.



TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #2: Hamburger Lamp by Medicom and Undercover (Pix on Insta)
BJORN LIM: This is not exactly a toy, but it has been on my grail list for the longest time. So it has to be on this top ten list.



TOP TEN TOY OF 2022: #1: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles by Unbox Industries and Punk Drunkers (Pix on Insta)
BJORN LIM: A huge part about collecting toys is getting triggered (in a good way) by the stuff you love. Especially the stuff we love as kids. I remember being glued to cartoons when I was a kid. Batman, Transformers, He-Man, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Visionaries, Biker Mice from Mars, etc. It's really nice to collect figures that bring back those memories. What makes it nicer is when it gets revived by brand/artists/designers that I love today as a boomer.


FIRST TOY OF 2023


BJORN LIM: My very first toy purchase in 2023 is Unbox Industries' Splatterhouse Egg Ova. The promo photos by Unbox Industries were dope (yes, I'm shallow that way. lol).

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK